All reviewsomelet stationmade to order omeletsdulles airportomelet barfull kitchenbasketball courtstudio suitepotatoesoutdoor poolfree breakfastshower headsofa bedwould definitely stay here againrooms are largesmall kitchenfrench toastdc area
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was pleased with our stay here, friendly staff and nice rooms...I would definitely go back again. The breakfast is great, there is fruit, cereal and a selection of things to choose from eggs, potatoes, bacon, muffins, pancakes, juices and so on.

We got the shuttle from the airport - but advisable to call them and not just wait at the ground transport stop.

They have menus for closeby restaurants for dinner delivery but found it a bit limiting if you wanted something less junk food like...preferred to scout around and eat before returning to hotel.

Quick tip to go to DC - take the shuttle to Dulles Airport and pick the 5A bus (about 6bucks) which takes you express to Downtown DC.

Room Tip: Always remember to ring hotel for the shuttle from airport or you could be in for a long wait..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We appreciate your positive and candid review of our hotel. Your honest feedback is always appreciated. Our breakfast variety, as you mentioned, has always been a distinguishable quality that sets that Hyatt House apart from other hotels. We are also glad that you enjoyed our services and room accommodations.

Thank you and we hope to see you again!

GM

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The suite was amazing for the price we paid. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room with an icemaker. The room was VERY clean. The business room was a nice touch. I was able to use the computers for research and emails and the printers were free.

They routinely ran out of breakfast food and coffee on Saturday. It was usually replenished within 15 minutes. The food was good and there was a decent selection of low fat foods.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad to see that your room, business center, breakfast experience were enjoyable. We have also noted an area where we have some opportunity to improve. We appreciate your feedback!

We hope see you again in the near future and thank you for choosing the Hyatt House Sterling/ Dulles North.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful from the moment I checked in. Room was clean and very nicely decorated. The free breakfast was delicious and there was plenty to choose from. Close enough to several restaurants to choose from. I will make this my hotel of choice every time I'm in the area for business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dawn M
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

We appreciate the positive feedback and we look forward to your next visit. I will share your comments to my Team members.

You can always count on us!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt House in Sterling, VA on the night of September 3. At about 6:10 p.m., we (my wife, my 4-year-old daughter and I) were leaving to meet my cousin and her family for dinner. My daughter, unfamiliar with elevators, had her hand on the inside of the elevator door when it opened. It drew her hand in between the door and the wall, smashing her little fingers in the process. She screamed, and my wife and I pulled her hand from the door. A wailing child and a terrified, screaming mother did NOTHING to generate support from the desk personnel. We sat in the lobby, trying to decide whether or not to take her to an emergency room. When I approached the desk, the gentleman asked me if I needed help. I explained the situation, and he did get me some ice. He never enquired as to what happened or asked if he could get me some assistance. A short time later, I asked him for directions to the closest hospital, and he dug around and finally came up for directions to a hospital in Reston, VA. Again, no enquiry as to what was occuring.

We finally got some help from a young lady who mentioned the Inova Loudon Hospital, which has a pediatric emergency room. She got me some directions and we took our daughter there for precautionary X-rays (which turned out to be negative). Our daughter is fine, although NO ONE AT THE HOTEL BOTHERED TO ASK. Shouldn't you be prepared for "emergencies" such as this with some maps or recommendations? Shouldn't your employees be trained to care (or pretend to care) just a wee bit???

The hotel was beautifully appointed, and the beds were the most comfortable on our 8-day journey. However, the callousness of the staff was disarming. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in the people part of a people business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule in providing us your feedback. We apologize about the experience. This matter will be investigated and addressed with the Front Desk agent. I can assure you that your experience is an exception and not the standard at the Hyatt House Sterling. We always strive for our guests to have a safe, enjoyable and comfortable stay.
It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 703-435-9002.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights during past Labor Day weekend. Arrived around 2pm Friday and our room was ready! Check in was quick took only a couple of minutes. Very nice clean lobby, friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff. We had one bedroom King suite. Room was very clean and no smell whatsoever, it was perfect! We asked for extra towels got it in no time, staff arrived at our room with a smile. We talked to Betty at front desk and she gave us info on gas stations, shopping, etc., again friendly and courteous staff. Now for the best part, the hotel serves FREE hot breakfast, not just toast and coffee but a true buffet style breakfast. Juice, coffee, toast, danish, waffles or pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries, fruit, cereal...there's even an omelette station! There's even a bar where they serve wine and beer and you can order snacks and small meals. There's also a small guest marketnext to front desk where you can buy snacks and drinks. Plus there's a nice indoor fitness center, outdoor patio and fire pit, an outdoor pool, an outdoor basketball court and much more. Wow this place is great, i can actually see myself living here if I was on business and needed to work for a client nearby. I can tell that this is a well managed hotel. Great place and great staff plus the price is affordable...what else can one ask for! Highly recommended!

1  Thank TheKotchikakovs

Thank you for your high recommendation! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel during the Labor Day holiday. We're also happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and other hotel accommodations.

We look forward to your return the next time you are in town.

Regards,