All reviewsomelet stationmade to order omeletsdulles airportomelet barfull kitchenbasketball courtstudio suitepotatoesoutdoor poolfree breakfastshower headsofa bedwould definitely stay here againrooms are largesmall kitchenfrench toastdc area
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights during past Labor Day weekend. Arrived around 2pm Friday and our room was ready! Check in was quick took only a couple of minutes. Very nice clean lobby, friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff. We had one bedroom King suite. Room was very clean and no smell whatsoever, it was perfect! We asked for extra towels got it in no time, staff arrived at our room with a smile. We talked to Betty at front desk and she gave us info on gas stations, shopping, etc., again friendly and courteous staff. Now for the best part, the hotel serves FREE hot breakfast, not just toast and coffee but a true buffet style breakfast. Juice, coffee, toast, danish, waffles or pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries, fruit, cereal...there's even an omelette station! There's even a bar where they serve wine and beer and you can order snacks and small meals. There's also a small guest marketnext to front desk where you can buy snacks and drinks. Plus there's a nice indoor fitness center, outdoor patio and fire pit, an outdoor pool, an outdoor basketball court and much more. Wow this place is great, i can actually see myself living here if I was on business and needed to work for a client nearby. I can tell that this is a well managed hotel. Great place and great staff plus the price is affordable...what else can one ask for! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheKotchikakovs
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your high recommendation! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel during the Labor Day holiday. We're also happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and other hotel accommodations.

We look forward to your return the next time you are in town.

Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice place to stay near Dulles airport. The hot breakfast is excellent and all inclusive. The rooms come with full kitchens which made it very convenient for my family.
The hotel appears to be newly built and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is great distance with toll roads from Washington,dc not recommended for those that want to tour the DC area.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our overall accommodations.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Cheers!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is 5 min from Dulles with courtesy shuttle service--upon arrival, the staff was genuinely friendly, efficient, and very professional. My suite was immaculate, extremely comfortable, and beautifully decorated with modern amenites.Great HD-TV, wi-fi business area, a full use kitchen (you can dine out with fantastic restaurants close by (ie, Sweet Water Tavern for my son's 25th BD) or grocery shop at Wegman's & dine at "home"--even bar-b-q grill out back. Real cozy "H-Bar" has good menu -- try the Portabello soup! Bartender is super friendly too! I used the free Business Center at 1:30am--it's 24/7. Maid service was quick and thorough. Beddings and linens were plentiful, clean, and I wanted to take the down pillows home -- I had 4 great nights' rest (very quiet). There's a free breakfast buffet daily and it really was delicious. The only thing missing was more time to enjoy the pool and the gym room. This Hyatt was really a home away from home. I loved staying here and I believe this was the best trip I have enjoyed yet and I hope to visit there again soon. Don't miss the Discovery Shuttle at the nearby Smithsonian! WOW!!! What a fantastic trip! Kudos and thank you's to all the staff who treated me like family. :)

Room Tip: My suite was located at the end of the building -- it was very quiet, cool, and private, yet close to everything in the hotel. I noticed the room was also handicap-accessible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We're delighted that we were able to provide you a 'home away from home'. Thank you for taking the time off your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

We look forward to your return the next time you are in town!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before catching an early morning flight at Dulles Airport.
Brand new hotel, very nice lobby and beautiful rooms. The furnishing and setup was very stylish and comfortable. Nice HD TV and modern kitchenette and bathroom/shower.

Shuttle service was reliable and friendly. Check-in staff very pleasant. Breakfast had huge selection and a pleasant seating layout.

The only complaint I had was about dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food seemed microwaved and not freshly prepared. There was mold in my sandwich, so I received a free dessert.

Overall highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and we thank you for the high recommendation. I also wanted to apologize about your dining experience but I'm glad that my team member took care of the situation. Thank you for your feedback.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip. The things I look for in a hotel room are cleanliness, quiet, and comfort. Unfortunately this hotel got 1.5 of the 3 right. The rooms were beautiful with nice amenities but the sheets had stains and several hairs. The front desk did address the issues very promptly by sending up housekeeping. The room was quiet with nice furnishings but the room was also very hot. The AC unit had an Eco sign saying allow 15 minutes to cool because it is based on motion. I waited 30 minutes and the system never came on so I had to call the front desk again. They quickly sent up maintenance but it took another 30 minutes for them to determine that when the AC filter was replaced the unit was completely turned off (reachable only inside the wall panel). Thankfully they also bypassed the Eco feature to avoid the unit shutting off at night. The staff definitely worked hard and were very friendly. Although all the issues were fixed, the room should have been ready for an occupant instead of requiring attention after check-in. I'm not sure if I would stay there again. Had the staff not been so wonderful, I would have crossed this hotel off my list, but the helpful nature of the staff made me think I might try this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NikkiPez

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry that your room accommodations were less than satisfying. The issues you mentioned will be addressed. I can assure you that this is not the norm.

We hope that you would give us another chance when returning to our area.

Regards,