“Excellent”

HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice place to stay near Dulles airport. The hot breakfast is excellent and all inclusive. The rooms come with full kitchens which made it very convenient for my family.
The hotel appears to be newly built and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is great distance with toll roads from Washington,dc not recommended for those that want to tour the DC area.

• Stayed: September 2012
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our overall accommodations.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Cheers!

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is 5 min from Dulles with courtesy shuttle service--upon arrival, the staff was genuinely friendly, efficient, and very professional. My suite was immaculate, extremely comfortable, and beautifully decorated with modern amenites.Great HD-TV, wi-fi business area, a full use kitchen (you can dine out with fantastic restaurants close by (ie, Sweet Water Tavern for my son's 25th BD) or grocery shop at Wegman's & dine at "home"--even bar-b-q grill out back. Real cozy "H-Bar" has good menu -- try the Portabello soup! Bartender is super friendly too! I used the free Business Center at 1:30am--it's 24/7. Maid service was quick and thorough. Beddings and linens were plentiful, clean, and I wanted to take the down pillows home -- I had 4 great nights' rest (very quiet). There's a free breakfast buffet daily and it really was delicious. The only thing missing was more time to enjoy the pool and the gym room. This Hyatt was really a home away from home. I loved staying here and I believe this was the best trip I have enjoyed yet and I hope to visit there again soon. Don't miss the Discovery Shuttle at the nearby Smithsonian! WOW!!! What a fantastic trip! Kudos and thank you's to all the staff who treated me like family. :)

Room Tip: My suite was located at the end of the building -- it was very quiet, cool, and private, yet close t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We're delighted that we were able to provide you a 'home away from home'. Thank you for taking the time off your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

We look forward to your return the next time you are in town!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before catching an early morning flight at Dulles Airport.
Brand new hotel, very nice lobby and beautiful rooms. The furnishing and setup was very stylish and comfortable. Nice HD TV and modern kitchenette and bathroom/shower.

Shuttle service was reliable and friendly. Check-in staff very pleasant. Breakfast had huge selection and a pleasant seating layout.

The only complaint I had was about dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food seemed microwaved and not freshly prepared. There was mold in my sandwich, so I received a free dessert.

Overall highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and we thank you for the high recommendation. I also wanted to apologize about your dining experience but I'm glad that my team member took care of the situation. Thank you for your feedback.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip. The things I look for in a hotel room are cleanliness, quiet, and comfort. Unfortunately this hotel got 1.5 of the 3 right. The rooms were beautiful with nice amenities but the sheets had stains and several hairs. The front desk did address the issues very promptly by sending up housekeeping. The room was quiet with nice furnishings but the room was also very hot. The AC unit had an Eco sign saying allow 15 minutes to cool because it is based on motion. I waited 30 minutes and the system never came on so I had to call the front desk again. They quickly sent up maintenance but it took another 30 minutes for them to determine that when the AC filter was replaced the unit was completely turned off (reachable only inside the wall panel). Thankfully they also bypassed the Eco feature to avoid the unit shutting off at night. The staff definitely worked hard and were very friendly. Although all the issues were fixed, the room should have been ready for an occupant instead of requiring attention after check-in. I'm not sure if I would stay there again. Had the staff not been so wonderful, I would have crossed this hotel off my list, but the helpful nature of the staff made me think I might try this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NikkiPez

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry that your room accommodations were less than satisfying. The issues you mentioned will be addressed. I can assure you that this is not the norm.

We hope that you would give us another chance when returning to our area.

Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Airport weather delays made us look for a place to stay at the last minute. We ended up at the Hyatt House, not knowing anything about the hotel. It was late and the staff made us feel at home! They ask about our missed flight and gave us a late checkout without our having to ask. The Hotel was clean and the rate included a generous breakfast, even an omelet if you wanted it. These folks did a great job! Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and you would highly recommend us. It was a pleasure to be your host during your unexpected visit. We truly appreciate your business and look for to your return when in our area again under better circumstances.

You can always count on us!

Safe travels,
GM

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Relocating to the area--needed a comfortable place to stay while house-hunting, starting my new job, and a host of other stressful activities. I could not have chosen better! The room was clean and very well-furnished, the daily breakfast was perfect (okay, a little monotonous--bacon or sausage today?--but otherwise lavish and tasty for a hotel breakfast, with excellent coffee), the parking was easy and free, the pool looked nice (but who had time for recreation?), the location was relatively easy to find and to navigate around. What really made the difference here was the quality of the staff and the degree to which they accommodated and anticipated my needs and wishes concerning my stay. I never felt as if I was annoying, interrupting, or inconveniencing them with any request--it always seemed as if it was a genuine pleasure to provide directions to a local grocery store (now my FAVORITE local grocery store) or quarters for the laundry (or the commute). And, yes, they always called me by name (I know that's sort of a hospitality trick but, well, it was kind of effective). Maybe they would just let me move in and reduce the stress of finding permanent lodgings altogether? I would recommend this hotel, short- or long-term stay, to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We appreciate your great recommendation and positive feedback. I will most certainly share your comments with my Team members.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt House Dulles!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay locally for a night out without the kids. We checked into the Hyatt House and requested an upgrade to a 1--bedroom King Suite which was immediately accommodated. The room was great, very clean and comfortable. The included breakfast the following morning was also great. So much so, that we decided to grab the kids and extend our stay. The kids were ecstatic and we took advantage of the hotel's mini basketball court (balls retrieved from reception) as well as the pool. Nice cabanas poolside and towels provided there as well. The suite held plenty of room for all 4 of us. I cooked dinner in the kitchen and the kids slept on the sofa bed in the living room. Breakfast the next morning was just as good the second time. All in all, a great stay with a warm and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that we were able to provide you, your husband and children with great service and accommodations. We hope to see you again on your next getaway.
You can always count on us!

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!