My husband, our 2 1/2 year son and I stayed for almost a week in November 2012 (I apologize for the delay my child is very active!). We initially stayed in a handicap accessible room b/c my mom was going to visit us and use the pool. She changed her mind so we moved into a regular room -- the staff didn't have any issues with this at all. Usually if you want to change rooms mid-stay you get an attitude and extra fee. The regular room had a bathtub and was bigger. They also have a handicap accessible pool and hottub; both of which have a lift if you are wheelchair bound -- I've never seen this at any hotel. They have a full breakfast every day: eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk and coffee. Most hotels have a continental breakfast. Granted, the hot food reminded me of the mess hall but, that's most buffet style meals (in my opinion). My husband went to get another cup of coffee about 10-15 minutes after breakfast had officially stopped and there wasn't one sign that it had been packed with people only a short time before. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport (Dulles) and you can even schedule your pick-up/drop-off. ***Beware of other vans saying they are the Springhill Hotel***. Their van is clearly marked with the hotel name. It's right off 28 (a major hwy for those of you that are not from the Sterling area), about 5 miles from the airport. The rates are great during the week, $80-$90/night however, the rate almost doubles on the weekend. We stayed there b/c it was close to my mom's.
If you're a tourist, it's about 20 miles to the nearest Metro (Dunn Loring) on Gallows Rd if you want to take the subway into DC. I have heard there is a new bus stop in Herndon (about 4-6 miles from Sterling) that will take you to the Metro. You will need a car if you plan on sight-seeing. Enjoy your stay, we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marriott SpringHill Suites at Washington Dulles Airport, your ideal choice for Dulles Airport hotels. The Marriott SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport features a fabulous location just minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport. The SpringHill Suites Dulles is also conveniently located near Downtown Washington D.C., Dulles Town Center Mall, Leesburg Outlet Shopping. Enjoy spacious suites that are 25% larger than traditional hotel rooms. This hotel also offers outstanding amenities such as a 24/7 Fitness Center, Indoor Swimming Pool, Complimentary Hot Breakfast, and Complimentary Shuttle Service to Dulles International Airport by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling
- Springhill Suites Sterling
- Sterling Springhill Suites