“Chef meeting”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 7 & Palisades Parkway
Description: Our menu naturally features many favorite traditional dishes but also reflects contemporary Ireland with its strong European culinary influences. However what the Irish value most in their hospitality is its friendliness.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great indoor and outdoor setting, especially this time of year. Reasonably priced, great atmosphere for relaxing and kicking back.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went in there to meet a friend for dinner and drinks. We decided to eat at the bar. Good hearty food! The Chicken Pot Pie had such great subtle flavors-I enjoyed it so much. Drinks were reasonably priced as was the food. After dinner they had a live trivia contest! It was a ton of fun and we won (cash too!!!) What is not to like? All of the staff were great! Good food, great staff and fun... perfect combination. We had a really good time and will return whenever I am in town! Thanks!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Came here with a friend to watch a FIFA game. It was nice and bearable and we were able to keep up a conversation. The inside bar area is great. There are a couple of TV's, albeit not that large to watch a game you like. There's a hostess that'll take you to your seat and bartender took our orders quickly enough. The food I did not care much for because I wasn't hungry, but they were your more or less regular pub fare. The prices were pretty good, so that was a relief.
However, then a group of intoxicated middle aged men and women sat nearby and became extremely loud and annoying. That was the point when we decided to move on and leave. All in all, not a bad place to be, the best in the neighborhood from what I heard.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have been to O'Failon's several times for family meals. Always great service and good food. Decided to try their Father's Day grill out instead of doing our own. First, the outdoor patio was perfect - shade and seating was ample. Next, not any big bug problem - how did they do that? I wish I could say service was excellent but they had a problem this day. It did not become a big problem for us because management addressed the issue. And we were enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Now the food - the buffet grill out was great. They had barbecue shrimp on skewers, lamb that was fantastic, steak wrapped in bacon that was so tender and moist, ribs that I did not try but others swore by and brats with four kinds of mustard! Oh, they had potatoes and grilled vegetables too but the meats stole the show. I think they might have lost money on the buffet but they should do it again and plan better. Probably should offer a simple salad and bread first off. But, I really liked it and enjoyed the beers. I definitely will go back because they care about their reputation.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great atmosphere and food, but service was a real problem. I have many diet restrictions and ordered the 1/2 roasted chicken that came with "vegetables, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy" I can not eat any of the sides except for the vegetables. I told our server this and asked for more vegetables in place of the other sides. What came out were 5 green beans. Seriously. I hate to complain so my husband told her that I never eat out because I am afraid there is little I'll be able to eat and said that the few green beans were less than we'd expected. Someone from the kitchen brought out a dish of about 5 more green beans 10 minutes later. Our family ordered 3 drinks, 4 meals and dessert - but after the dessert - the server did not return to check on us until we flagged her down 15 minutes later asking for the check. Then the beans showed up on our bill as a $3 added side! We were there as part of a fundraiser, but won't go back.