“Nice Pub, but gets really loud”

O'Faolain's Irish Pub
Ranked #11 of 246 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 7 & Palisades Parkway
Description: Our menu naturally features many favorite traditional dishes but also reflects contemporary Ireland with its strong European culinary influences. However what the Irish value most in their hospitality is its friendliness.
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Nice Pub, but gets really loud”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Came here with a friend to watch a FIFA game. It was nice and bearable and we were able to keep up a conversation. The inside bar area is great. There are a couple of TV's, albeit not that large to watch a game you like. There's a hostess that'll take you to your seat and bartender took our orders quickly enough. The food I did not care much for because I wasn't hungry, but they were your more or less regular pub fare. The prices were pretty good, so that was a relief.
However, then a group of intoxicated middle aged men and women sat nearby and became extremely loud and annoying. That was the point when we decided to move on and leave. All in all, not a bad place to be, the best in the neighborhood from what I heard.

Severna Park, Maryland
“Father's Day Grill out was the best ever.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have been to O'Failon's several times for family meals. Always great service and good food. Decided to try their Father's Day grill out instead of doing our own. First, the outdoor patio was perfect - shade and seating was ample. Next, not any big bug problem - how did they do that? I wish I could say service was excellent but they had a problem this day. It did not become a big problem for us because management addressed the issue. And we were enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Now the food - the buffet grill out was great. They had barbecue shrimp on skewers, lamb that was fantastic, steak wrapped in bacon that was so tender and moist, ribs that I did not try but others swore by and brats with four kinds of mustard! Oh, they had potatoes and grilled vegetables too but the meats stole the show. I think they might have lost money on the buffet but they should do it again and plan better. Probably should offer a simple salad and bread first off. But, I really liked it and enjoyed the beers. I definitely will go back because they care about their reputation.

Ashburn, Va
“Good food - bad service”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great atmosphere and food, but service was a real problem. I have many diet restrictions and ordered the 1/2 roasted chicken that came with "vegetables, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy" I can not eat any of the sides except for the vegetables. I told our server this and asked for more vegetables in place of the other sides. What came out were 5 green beans. Seriously. I hate to complain so my husband told her that I never eat out because I am afraid there is little I'll be able to eat and said that the few green beans were less than we'd expected. Someone from the kitchen brought out a dish of about 5 more green beans 10 minutes later. Our family ordered 3 drinks, 4 meals and dessert - but after the dessert - the server did not return to check on us until we flagged her down 15 minutes later asking for the check. Then the beans showed up on our bill as a $3 added side! We were there as part of a fundraiser, but won't go back.

California
“Great time”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good wholesome food, very friendly service There wasa office party going on so a bit noisy but not so too keep us from returning!

• Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Place is great...not too hipster, right about of Irish. I'm here almost every Saturday. What I don't like about this place is that the HH ends early at 7 but otherwise its muy bueno

Visited May 2014