“Friendly staff, kid friendly dining room, good food”

O'Faolain's Irish Pub
Ranked #10 of 245 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 7 & Palisades Parkway
Description: Our menu naturally features many favorite traditional dishes but also reflects contemporary Ireland with its strong European culinary influences. However what the Irish value most in their hospitality is its friendliness.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Friendly staff, kid friendly dining room, good food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at this Irish pub on a Sunday afternoon. The staff was very friendly and service was prompt. We liked the separate bar and dining area. Our food was good, if not outstanding. We'll go back the next time we're in the area.

• Visited May 2013

VA
“Regular visitor and will continue”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our local, if there is one in the 'burbs, and we go for the beer really. They do pour a good Guinness (sometimes too cold in winter) but very good all in all. A regular trip for us too after the movies. Recent visit we both got the reuben sandwiches. Advice is to nix the thousand island and get the Guinness mustard. Much better this way. I get the chopped salad and partner always get the chips, which he likes a lot. Service is always good as we always sit at the bar if we can, rarely in the dining area. We're glad we are back in the area to re-visit our fav place and will continue. We can even walk there which is great. We have had the brunch here a few times and although I'm not a fan, partner always gets the Irish breakfast. Good value too.

• Visited May 2013
Severna Park, Maryland
“Ho Ho Ho, what a great family oriented bar and restuarant.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Really, you say - family oriented bar? OK, I went there the last time for a special Christmas brunch with Santa Claus and children. But I have been there several times with the family. They always welcome us and seat us fast. We get a large table, the wait staff visit and are friendly to the kids. The manager takes the time to talk. I never rated it because, well, I don't know. I can't say the food is outstanding. I have never had anything to rave about but they did have a lamb shank that they did well once. I hear it might be back on the menu but, I don't really know. I just like the place for kids. Most of the wait staff have kids too. Just a freindly place. Oh yeah, back to Christmas brunch. It was fine - lots of fresh prepared food and the kids were welcome at the help yourslef tables. They had a local Irish troupe to sing and Santa was there. I did get a picture of me with Santa and the kids. It was great fun. I just like the place. And we will go there when we want to relax and let the kids enjoy themselves. Really, an Irish bar and restuarant that is kid friendly. Go figure.

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Good Irish Food & Drink”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Last night we had dinner at O'Faolain's Irish Pub. The main restaurant is very comfortable and cozy but we chose to sit out on the patio. My husband had the Irish Stew and I had the Bangers and Mash. We shared a chopped salad. We were both pleased with the food. It was very good and tasted like meals we had in the outer counties of Ireland. The chopped salad was very crisp with a light mustard dressing. Our server told us that we were one of the first people to try their new menu revamped menu. A fun casual place for an Irish downhome meal.

• Visited April 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Great Irish food, beer and service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We often go to O'Falain's if we are in the mood for well prepared Irish food. The chicken pie and shepherd's pie are exceptional as is the Baked Brie.

The service is friendly and efficient and is sometimes augmented by the owner if you have food allergies or the like. In the summer you can eat outside which is pleasant and there is a separate bar out there too.

Definitely worth a try, again and again.

Visited February 2013