“Different expectations”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Not sure why I saw this hotel in such a different light from the other reviewers...I would not select this hotel for another stay. Wallpaper in hallway is peeling, I could hear everything going on upstairs including housekeeping vacuuming at 7am, as if I were right there with them. Drain cover in bath was not secure and just slid around the floor, clock was set for a completely wrong time (3 hrs off) and I couldn't reach it to fix it b/c it was secured (also only had iPhone 4 dock). Beds are old and worn (super sinky/weak support). When my office called to set up the credit card, they were on hold for almost 1 hour!

I would be ok with all of this if the room was $50-75/night but at over $100 is was just way below my expectations. Positives were free parking, breakfast and wifi.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. About Houskeeping vacuuming at 7:00 AM we were surprised, because our Housekeeping starts at 8:00 AM.
Jay Javid

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I had a marvelous trip to Washington thanks to the Comfort Inn in Sterling. The hotel was clean, comfortable and welcoming. Everyone on the staff was friendly and polite. All the shuttle drivers were extremely helpful and friendly. Yamne stands out as exceptional, although all were superb. We are particularly grateful to the Comfort Inn administration for allowing us to ride the shuttle when going to catch the bus for downtown Washington on the days that we didn't have our rental car. The hotel was very close to the airport, which made it very convenient to catch the bus for downtown. All in all, we had a great experience.

Room Tip: Our room 205 was great, but I think that all the rooms on the 2nd floor were the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had the pleasure of Mirtila, your shuttle service agent, provide me with quality and efficient service and look forward to using your service on my next trip in July. I will recommend your shuttle service as well as your agent Mirtila, to anyone needing parking for flights out of Dulles Airport in Sterling, VA.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had a great experience. Clean room, very good breakfast, we stayed on the second floor and the beds are very comfortable. Alexandra was awesome, friendly and gave us a great room. Lots of people but pleasant place with friendly staff. We wanted to go sightseeing and the hotel offers all kinds of brochures with many places to visit, free shuttle to and from the airport and a generous breakfast with a nice lady (Marge) making sure everything is good and plenty, all for a very reasonable price. We will recommend this place and will visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had to stay due to a flight cancellation. This is convenient to the airport in a quiet area. The hotel was clean and All the facilities were clean and functional. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I was allowed to check in early and provided with an extra breakfast which I needed after a sleepless night in the airport with no food.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2014

very good service, they are very nice. i had a good experience. she drive on time, Mirtila, Geraldine thanks a lot <3
for anyone who want to have a good time just come to this place, you will enjoy your vacation

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ziyad A
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a great experience with staff who listened and talked. And who went the extra mile to help new guests. In particular GERALDINE was great at the frontdesk and MIRTILA was a wonderfully kind driver. The quiet and spacious atmosphere outside was simply breathtaking and refreshing!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good...depending on which one you want
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!