“Quick stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Maple Lake, MN
“Quick stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Given good rate with AAA discount, room was average, clean, no problem. Breakfast was good, room for it not too well kept though, short staff it looked like. Friendly staff with information and directions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MPOLOUGHLIN
Jay J, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mpoloughlin,

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Jay Javid
Comfort Inn & Suites Dulles-Gateway
703-471-5005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and that was the worst experience ever. I spent close to 500$ for that stay (very expensive for the service they offer)
I travel for bussines and I need internet. They have two old computers "avaliable" for public access. Both computers are running Uniguest software. Very slow I can say- unusable. On both computers there is a malware called Ask.com whitch makes searching very difficult. I'm a IT Pro and to just get to my gmail mail it took no less than 5-10 minutes (Ask.com software redirects your searches to something else).Every 5 minutes this obsolete sotware is trying to log you off due to unactivity- even if you constantely type or use Facebook or Gmail. I've talked to GM Jay and he is absolutely cluless as far as computers and did not want to help me. One of the computer is not working. If you lucky you can access the only one but, this morning staff-driver was using it for over an hour so I was not able to use it. During my stay here I helped not less that 20 Guest here with simple tasks like printing (one of the printer's toner is low) copying the files (Uniguest software is not user friendly at all)
As far as room- in my room TV is not working, water is dropping in sink (need a gasket I guess).
When I tried to dial using phone in room it called...Emergency!!! (911) Police called in checking on me it dialed it because phone has a "sticky" pads on phone keyboard.
THey supposed to have breakfast at 5.30 AM- Today it was an hour late and we Guest helped them to set it up because lady who is taking care of this small setup called sick.
This morning I asked shuttle driver Mirtila (staff is calling her Lucy) to get me to the aiport because I need to exchange money- I asked her where is the exchange kiosk ske pointed to me- this one was closed so I ran to the next one- this took me about 3 minutes. I was not suprised that she was gone. It took 3 times calling to get shuttle back to the airport (it is just 5 minutes away and driver has a cell phone but I guess she did not want to come back to pick me up.
You'll fell ignored by this staff- mostly Mexicans. I've heard them talking in Spanish bad things about Guest's and since I worked in El Paso adn Juarez for a long time I understand Spanish to the point that I know what they are talking about.
If you have a question please email me @ zfutoma@gmail.com I can point you to better place than this one, I came here to work permamentely and I'm familiar with this area. This letter is going to Comfort Inn's Corporation as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Zbigniew F
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

All my needs were taken care of, especially getting to and from the airport.
When I messed up on shuttle times, agent Velia provided one immediately.
The complementary breakfast was quite lovely and quite adequate.
The room was clean and quiet.
It was quite close to the Dulles Airport.
The shuttle drivers were very nice and very helpful.
All the staff members were very polite and helpful.
I can easily recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Be sure to check on the airport shuttle times.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marge1803
comfortdullesgm, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. The staff and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Velia say thanks for the kind words. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Comfort Inn & Suites at Dulles, VA made our stay perfect. The rooms are great and the staff (Michelle) is caring. They truly want you to have a comfortable stay. The hotel is right next to the Dulles Airport. It's easy to fly into and arrive at your hotel quickly. It's also easy to travel and site see in Washington DC and around Virginia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank happytravelor1961
Than kyou for taking time the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is my second stay here, and just like the first time, the staff is very friendly and accomodating. I was helped by Sarah and Brenda at the front desk, both with a genuine smile. The van driver, Ondy, was very helpful with my bags and a good driver. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Dulles.
I am so pleased to see that our staff was friendly and responded to all your requests. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Dulles Airport. I really like this Comfort Inn Suites, the staff at this hotel is friedly. Tara and Brenda were nice and very helpful. Free breakfast was great. I will recommend this hotel to all family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hope282
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are just a few miles from Dulles International Airport. We are so happy that you felt our service was good and the hotel was nice. We hope you return soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Comfort Inn University Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!