“Horrible Parking Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Horrible Parking Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I reserved a spot at this hotel to park my car here for 9 nights using a 3rd party. I showed up at 5:30am to park my car and catch my early morning flight. The guy at the front desk informs me that there are no open parking spots. I’m obviously really upset since I have a spot reserved and need to catch my flight. He starts telling me a sob story about the parking situation and how it’s not the hotel’s fault. Everything he said was garbage since it was clearly the hotel’s fault. If you cannot accommodate long term parkers, then don’t sell long term parking online! I asked him what he was going to do, and he actually told me to leave and park somewhere else! Wow, what great customer service (sarcasm). The guy was completely useless, was rude, and even started yelling at me. I saw 2 other couples after me have the same problem.

I left and parked at another hotel which was able to accommodate me. The whole fiasco caused me to miss my flight, miss my connection, and caused me a lot of unnecessary stress. The parking company online where I made my reservation gave me a refund for the parking, but told me that all other compensation would need to come from the hotel. My attempts to contact the hotel for this have not been answered, thus here is the negative review I promised.

Why would anyone want to stay at this hotel when they clearly do not care for customers? You need to train your morning shift managers how to handle situations like this and not yell at the customers, esp when the hotel is at fault. This was a horrible experience, and it only involved parking. Pathetic service and did not take responsibility for their screw up. Do not reserve long term parking here and do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your parking experience. We have studied your comments and will take immediate action to resolve this break in service. Kindly accept our sincere apologies.

Regards,

Jay Javid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
WV & TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Nicely appointed king room with microwave, coffee etc. Didn't realize how quiet until we came down for breakfast and discovered a huge school group. They even did a good job considering the group with keeping the breakfast items stocked. Good shuttle to airport. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a comment about your positive experience. We are glad you enjoyed your nicely appointed king suite and were satisfied with our shuttle service. Our breakfast staff always receives a lot of praise for their hard work, and we are glad your recognize that as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Well the info desk at the airport was nice enough to call the hotel to check on room availability and have the van sent over.
We waited and saw what looked like the shuttle zip by our stop. Waited some more then called the hotel and then the van showed up.
Got to the hotel. Pretty basic but super cheap rate. I unfortunately saw something crawling on the curtain so I drew the curtain back and it popped on the day bed near the window. That was the first of three attempts to rid the room of him and some freinds. Total insectoid nightmare.
Note to hotel #238 needs your attention pronto!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time by leaving a comment about your stay. We sincerely apologize about the stink bugs you found in your room. We always try to make our customers stay a satisfying one with prompt reactions to their needs. Had you brought it to our attention we would have been happy to take care of your unwanted visitors. We are glad you took a picture of this harmless pest; we here in Northern Virginia are daily fighting against it since there is no official pesticide that could kill them. Believe me, we are trying to do our best to keep them from getting in, but as you saw for yourself it doesn’t always work, and I am sorry for that.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Beds that were immaculately prepared, rooms that were thoroughly clean, staff that were courteous and helpful [Paula and Velia in our case], breakfast that was diverse and more than adequate, exercise room that was available 24/7 ... at one of the most reasonable prices around. Spend more money if want to do so, but I'll stay here and spend my savings on my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the property and the services we provide. We look forward to your next stay when travel brings you back to our area.

Regards,
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I checked in late at night. Hotel waas easy to get to. The room was good very clean. I know a security guard in the hallway on the 2nd floor going to my room. Hotel Front "Velia" provided excellent service. I was able to get a late checkout which was a helped a lot for the drive to Norfolk. Well Pleased................. Thanks Velia. I will use the property in my future travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for leaving a comment and recognizing our excellent staff and clean rooms. We are always committed to going the extra mile to satisfy our guests and we are pleased that Velia could help you out. Your experience assures us that you will choose us again on your next visit.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Because of an incoming snow storm in Denver, our group left for Dulles a day early. With not much time, I grabbed the cheapest, decent reviewed hotel I could find on Kayak.

Upon arrival at the airport, it was easy to find the shuttle to the hotel which seemed to run consistently. Check in was quick and easy, and we were in our room within an hour of arriving at the airport.

There was only one restaurant (fast food, I can't remember what) within walking distance of the hotel. This was a negative, but we were able to order pizza which came fast enough.

The room was about as average as average can be. Nothing fancy, nothing to get upset about either. We were leaving early the next morning, so it didn't matter to us.

In the morning, we enjoyed the hotel's continental breakfast. It was actually quite nice and included waffle makers (always a plus :)).

The shuttle was ready to take us to the airport right at the time we requested, and we got there in no time.

Overall, it was a fine stay for an overnight at Dulles. We got it for a good price, and everything went as smooth as it could. Nothing special, but no complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comment. We are glad to hear that your were satisfied with your stay. We truly appreciate it and look forward serving you again when you are in the area.

Chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just had to stay at this hotel for a few hours before my flight and was pleasantly surprised when I checked in VERY late night. The Hotel lobby was small, but very clean and modern. The room was very well equipped with all amenities required with fresh linens & a modern clean room. The bathroom also seemed to be brand new & very well kept. The hospitality at breakfast was excellent with a lot of hot food choices in the morning.
Overall for the price paid this hotel was a great choice in the area...

P.S. Dulles Airport (IAD) is just 5 minutes drive from here !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words on your most recent stay. It is very much appreciated. We are delighted that you found the breakfast to be excellent and look foward to your future stay with us.

Jay Javid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Econo Lodge Metro
Econo Lodge Metro
#29 of 50 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 256 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!