I am another who was stranded at this hotel during hurricane Sandy (three nights at the end of October 2012). Fortunately, American Airlines put me in touch with this property at a good rate. It was a pleasant stay despite the situation, primarily because of the staff and the clean, well-maintained, attractive property. To everybody's good fortune, we had no blackouts or damaging and rain.
The staff, especially Velia at the front desk, were friendly and helpful during a difficult time, although it would have been more helpful if they had pointed out restaurant menus, delivery services, etc., that I found by the second day. I considered giving this good hotel just three stars for location. Yes, it has shuttle proximity to Dulles Airport, but it is close to NOTHING except a Hyatt property across the driveway. As I said to my friends and family, "I am sitting out the hurricane in a field of weeds" without a car, a restaurant, or a grocery store. The first morning, I walked the distance of 3-4 blocks in pouring rain to get hot dogs from a service station I had spotted from my window. Day two: excellent Chinese food delivered to the lobby (menu hidden behind the front desk). By day three, I had learned the ropes and had door-to-door service to a hamburger place.
I appreciated the very good breakfast buffet and the hotel's ability to deliver it during a hurricane. Wireless service in my room was excellent.
The field of weeds cries out for development. Meanwhile, I would not pay this hotel's normal price to stay in the middle of nowhere, even with good weather and a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites Dulles Airport is the ideal destination for travelers who want a variety of amenities in a fun and family-friendly location. Use our complimentary Wi-Fi to look up interesting things to do in the Dulles area from our hotel, including a fast trip to the nearby Udvar Hazy Space Center at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum, or to many of the close shopping districts that Dulles has to offer. There's something for everyone when you stay at our comfortable hotel near Dulles Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway Hotel Sterling
- Comfort Inn And Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
- Comfort Inn Sterling
- Quality Inn Sterling
- Sterling Quality Inn
- Sterling Comfort Inn