New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Well, it is inexpensive, clean, well-located, and next to a Walmart” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Osprey, Florida
“Well, it is inexpensive, clean, well-located, and next to a Walmart”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is clean and the rooms are in decent condition. Parking is challenging at the entrance, because all of the spots are handicapped, and there's no dedicated check-in area. The Walmart next door is 24 hrs, which is convenient. You can walk to Walmart during daylight hours, but would otherwise recommend driving. See if you can get a senior or veteran's discount, which is as much as 20%. There are lots of restaurants nearby, too, but none are walking distance. The nearby highways are a bit confusing; some are toll roads, but usually there are free alternates that are easier to find with GPS.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Route 28 highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnAceBuyer_007
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for writing us a review AnAceBuyer_007! I am delighted that you had a good stay. Our hotel is situated near shopping centers and restaurants which is only about 5-10 minutes to walk to. If you will allow us, we'd love to help you out with directions next time you're with us. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bedford, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My experience with this hotel was interesting, upon check in John the counter associate was very friendly, courteous and professional and seemed to know his job functions. I was given room 302. I went in the room immediately to the eye was dirt smudges (large ones on the white walls) the walls actually looked unpainted the same with the bathroom walls appeared dirty real visible dirt large stains....the kitchenette was organized it was okay whoever made up the bed did not do a great job it appeared slept in or laid on and the covers or comforter was wrinkled and not a smooth makeup if you know what i mean...the bathroom was nasty looking and the toilet bowl wreaked of urine the floor had that old tile that gave a feel stickiness to your feet like it was dirty with urine stains on it or something i used my towels as carpet didnt want to walk barefoot....the sink was badly stained w/looked like hair dye or cig burns....the shower was not impressive because the curtains didnt keep the water in the floor flooded every time I took a shower.....saving the best for last a stink bug on the window and a fat pregnant roach crawling down the crevice of the bathroom door joint....would not consider staying here ever again.

Room Tip: dont choose 302 until its freshly painted
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alikaat817
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello alikaat817! I apologize for your not-so-great experience with our hotel. We have looked at your complaints about room 302 and made changes to make sure everyone who stay in that room will feel more comfortable. As for the bathroom, please be assured that it was cleaned before you checked in. We have hardworking housekeeping staff that ensures all rooms are clean and ready before we check people in. We are always ready to assist you with any problems you may encounter during your stay. I really hope you allowed us to do just that for you. As always, we value our guest’s opinion and we thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again—this time I am sure, you will not be disappointed.
Kingwood, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a great place to stay for an extended period of time or just for one or two nights, etc. The room is spacious, the beds very comfortable, clean, the kitchenette super and gives you a feeling of an efficiency apartment at a great price for the area. What I like the best is you can prepare meals without going out in traffic, eat healthier and is more economical at the same time. The staff is always pleasant and this particular visit Glenn made sure we were extra pleased with our stay. We are repeat visitors for the fourth time and will use this hotel when we visit the area again. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your wonderful review Brenda O! I am happy that you appreciate all the wonderful amenities of our hotel. I'll let Glenn know you were extra pleased with his service. Thank you for coming back to stay with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was clean, great kitchnette, Clean, close to the airport. will stay in this brand again but closer to Vienna VA. free washer and dryer. great plus. Did all my wash B4 leaving. Arrived home with clean clothes.....................................................................................................

Room Tip: this room has windows that open, I selected a smoking room. I only smoke a few cigarettes a day...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you travelnana0 for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted that you loved our amenities, which also include free wi-fi service, weekly housekeeping service and free premium cable television with HBO channels. We hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 10 to 14 days out of the last 2 months. It is always a great nights sleep and the manager at the desk Saraon Churon ( hope that's correct), has been extremely helpful. Making checking-in and in some cases allowing for a late check-out when I needed it.

This hotel is operated very professionally and the maid staff always has the room clean and ready for your stay.

There are alot of food options with-in walking distance, which gives you a great chance to get out and strecth your legs and enjoy the area.

Looking forward to my next visit to this hotel.

Thanks for taking care of us when we are away from home.

Greg S..(A Gold Member)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Greg S, thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad you were happy with our service and that you felt you were taken cared of during your stay. Our team members are committed in providing clean, comfortable rooms to our guests and to hear someone compliment us about it is just so wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I'll be sure to let Saraon know that you mentioned him in your review. Looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had lived in the DC area most of my adult life until two years ago. Now I've sold my home but still return to visit friends all around greater DC. This hotel is perfect, as it makes me feel like I've moved back to the area. I'm used to being in Arlington, one mile from the Pentagon, but the outside location makes every area accessible -- DC, Montgomery County, Arlington, Springfield -- and this makes it easy to visit all of my old friends, who have scattered about. I could see potential problems if I were travelling in rush hours, but I had a flexible schedule. I always get a room on the second floor near the end of the hallway, so it's easy to come and go as if I had a private entrance. The plastic keys ALWAYS work, which is more than I can say for some 1st class hotels in NYC. The air conditioning is quiet, the kitchen well equipped, and the bed is always comfortable. One criticism: the internet is way too slow and sometimes unresponsive. I hope they will improve this. If this were on a scale of 10, I'd make it a 9 because of the internet problem.

Room Tip: The gentleman at the desk, Saroun Chuon, was very helpful in helping me select a room, as it had to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GladstoneWilson
Hello Gladstone Wilson! Thank you for writing us a review about your stay. It's great you found our location very convenient and that we made you feel at home while you were with us. We understand how tiring and uncomfortable travelling can be and we try our best to make sure you get a good rest and you are comfortable when you stay at the Suburban Extended Stay. I apologize you found our internet connection slow. As always, we are constantly finding ways to improve our hotel and upgrading our internet service is one of the things we are working on at the moment. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Don't usually use extended stay hotels, but this one was in the right place, and the "senior" rate was attractive.
Not pristine, but clean and the bedding seemed fairly new.
Inside courtyard parking was a nice touch.
Would recommend if you don't need 4-star pampering and don't mind a fast-food breakfast (McDonalds close-by).
WiFi had two speeds: Free, which supported YouTube with some waiting for buffering, and a $4.99-for-24 hrs. option, which promised blazing speed. Probably not worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small, but this place is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Thank you BradM772 for taking the time to write us a review. As a two-star hotel, we don't have as many amenities as other hotels do, but we take pride in the quality of our service and the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope you'll keep us in mind next time you are in the area. Thank you for staying at Suburban Extended Stay Sterling.