“Repeat Visitors” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Kingwood, West Virginia, United States
“Repeat Visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a great place to stay for an extended period of time or just for one or two nights, etc. The room is spacious, the beds very comfortable, clean, the kitchenette super and gives you a feeling of an efficiency apartment at a great price for the area. What I like the best is you can prepare meals without going out in traffic, eat healthier and is more economical at the same time. The staff is always pleasant and this particular visit Glenn made sure we were extra pleased with our stay. We are repeat visitors for the fourth time and will use this hotel when we visit the area again. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I appreciate your wonderful review Brenda O! I am happy that you appreciate all the wonderful amenities of our hotel. I'll let Glenn know you were extra pleased with his service. Thank you for coming back to stay with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was clean, great kitchnette, Clean, close to the airport. will stay in this brand again but closer to Vienna VA. free washer and dryer. great plus. Did all my wash B4 leaving. Arrived home with clean clothes.....................................................................................................

Room Tip: this room has windows that open, I selected a smoking room. I only smoke a few cigarettes a day...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you travelnana0 for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted that you loved our amenities, which also include free wi-fi service, weekly housekeeping service and free premium cable television with HBO channels. We hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 10 to 14 days out of the last 2 months. It is always a great nights sleep and the manager at the desk Saraon Churon ( hope that's correct), has been extremely helpful. Making checking-in and in some cases allowing for a late check-out when I needed it.

This hotel is operated very professionally and the maid staff always has the room clean and ready for your stay.

There are alot of food options with-in walking distance, which gives you a great chance to get out and strecth your legs and enjoy the area.

Looking forward to my next visit to this hotel.

Thanks for taking care of us when we are away from home.

Greg S..(A Gold Member)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Greg S, thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad you were happy with our service and that you felt you were taken cared of during your stay. Our team members are committed in providing clean, comfortable rooms to our guests and to hear someone compliment us about it is just so wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I'll be sure to let Saraon know that you mentioned him in your review. Looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had lived in the DC area most of my adult life until two years ago. Now I've sold my home but still return to visit friends all around greater DC. This hotel is perfect, as it makes me feel like I've moved back to the area. I'm used to being in Arlington, one mile from the Pentagon, but the outside location makes every area accessible -- DC, Montgomery County, Arlington, Springfield -- and this makes it easy to visit all of my old friends, who have scattered about. I could see potential problems if I were travelling in rush hours, but I had a flexible schedule. I always get a room on the second floor near the end of the hallway, so it's easy to come and go as if I had a private entrance. The plastic keys ALWAYS work, which is more than I can say for some 1st class hotels in NYC. The air conditioning is quiet, the kitchen well equipped, and the bed is always comfortable. One criticism: the internet is way too slow and sometimes unresponsive. I hope they will improve this. If this were on a scale of 10, I'd make it a 9 because of the internet problem.

Room Tip: The gentleman at the desk, Saroun Chuon, was very helpful in helping me select a room, as it had to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GladstoneWilson
Hello Gladstone Wilson! Thank you for writing us a review about your stay. It's great you found our location very convenient and that we made you feel at home while you were with us. We understand how tiring and uncomfortable travelling can be and we try our best to make sure you get a good rest and you are comfortable when you stay at the Suburban Extended Stay. I apologize you found our internet connection slow. As always, we are constantly finding ways to improve our hotel and upgrading our internet service is one of the things we are working on at the moment. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Don't usually use extended stay hotels, but this one was in the right place, and the "senior" rate was attractive.
Not pristine, but clean and the bedding seemed fairly new.
Inside courtyard parking was a nice touch.
Would recommend if you don't need 4-star pampering and don't mind a fast-food breakfast (McDonalds close-by).
WiFi had two speeds: Free, which supported YouTube with some waiting for buffering, and a $4.99-for-24 hrs. option, which promised blazing speed. Probably not worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small, but this place is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Thank you BradM772 for taking the time to write us a review. As a two-star hotel, we don't have as many amenities as other hotels do, but we take pride in the quality of our service and the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope you'll keep us in mind next time you are in the area. Thank you for staying at Suburban Extended Stay Sterling.
Dunmore PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Worst decision all trip to stay at this hotel for one night. They have no staff after 11pm until 7am. If you check in between those times there is a lock box with your name on it. Upon entering our room there was an odor smell, damp towels in bathroom, mold in bathroom, broken bed, beer in freezer, water bottle in refrigerator, furniture was dusty, hair on the sheets, and stains on the bed spreads. To walk into this room after 11pm and to not be able to speak to staff about it, or at least get fresh towels to take a shower was disgusting. In the morning I wanted to speak to management about it but go figure, no one was around. There was a sign on the desk saying if you do not need a receipt basically have a nice day. How one can run a hotel like this is beyond me, esp a Choice Hotel. Disgusting! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maria S
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Maria S. I apologize that you were put in a room that is not ready for check in. Although, the front desk is closed after 11p.m. we are still available to assist you after hours. It is standard for all Suburban Extended Stay hotels to have the front desk close at 11pm. I am sorry you were not familiar with it. Please know that we are committed in making your stay comfortable and if we knew the room you were given was unsatisfactory, we would have moved you to a different room right away. Please allow us to prove to you that we are not what you thought us to be. I hope you’ll come back and try the Suburban brand again in the future.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE. Recently stayed for about 9 days at this particular location and it was a fiasco from the get go. Issues with my card had me on the phone going back and forth with the manager and my reservation rep for about three hours. I finally got to my room, a reserved "non smoking" room, and it stunk to high hell of smoke. There was a sign that said no smoking, but it was on a smoking floor and obviously people had smoked in it before. So I complained to the manager, and he said there was nothing he could do about it. He stated it was a smoking floor blah blah blah. So all of my clothes eventually picked up the disgusting smell and everything else acquired it throughout the week as well. My bedsheets were always damp from I don't know what but the cleaning staff only cleaned and changed sheets on Fridays so I was SOL again as the manager basically put it to me. I would have continued to fight over a better room and new sheets had I not been down for orientation for a new job and needed my sleep after long days of training, briefing, and more training and briefing. So there I was wearing brand new business clothes stinking of smoke after a night's sleep in damp, or moist rather, sheets. I felt disgusting, smelled disgusting, and was absolutely disgusted with the hotel and the laughable attempt at customer service. To boot, my car was hit overnight by another car on the premises. I had no time to call the police as I had to go to work. I eventually made it to the hotel manager who did nothing to help me at all once again. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE

Room Tip: If every other hotel is burned to the ground and you can't camp in your vehicle, make sure to ge...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter H
Hello Peter H! I am sorry that you were not happy with our hotel during your stay. Normally, when guests aren't happy with the room type they got, we move them to a different room. Given the time of your reservation, I am assuming that we were probably sold out the nights you were in our hotel (which is always the case in the summer time). And if you were given a smoking room, I believe it’s because that was the room type you were booked in. Situations like this occur when a reservation was booked through a third-party website such as Hotwire, Priceline, etc. You get a discounted room rate but you have to prepay for it and your room type is non-guaranteed. I can assure you, we will not put you in a smoking room if you were guaranteed a non-smoking room. As for someone hitting your car in the parking lot, I’m sorry you felt we didn't do anything about it. Situations like this are not within our grasp and since there are no cameras outside our parking lot, there is no way for us to know who could have hit your car. It is very unfortunate that all these things happened during your stay, but I’m still hoping you will not close your door on us. Please keep us in mind if in the future you need a place to stay that can accommodate your basic needs at a lower rate. Thank you for writing us a review.