We left with very mixed reviews. Firstly, we paid $159 + taxes/night for a one bedroom suite. We stayed for a week in November.
Upon booking the Candlewood website gave me no indication that you are responsible for taking your own trash out, picking up your own towels and if you run out of toilet paper you need to request it from the front desk. Half the front desk staff was amazingly nice and gracious and half was not too thrilled to be there. If you stay under a week no one will clean your room at all.
Now we booked a one bedroom suite, with a pull out sofa. The pull out sofa was painfully uncomfortable, and I would not suggest anyone attempt to sleep on it. I found the bedding to be scratchy, and the drapes allow in a great deal of light early in the morning. Also the word suite makes you think the room will be larger than you average room. However, while the suite was larger than your average hotel room, it was not that much larger.
If you are a night owl like myself, and want to ask the front desk for anything, you should do it before 11 p.m. as the front desk shuts down at 11 p.m. and starts back up again at 7 a.m. I think that someone is in the back and you need to dial 0 for assistance but they put up signs stating their hours and encourage you to come back during operating hours.
To be fair there are a lot of great things about the hotel as well. It is immaculacy clean, everything is gleaming new, it is extremely close to IAD airport and they have a free shuttle that runs late. They have all the conveniences, shopping and food within a 5 minute walk, sometimes only a 1-2 minute walk away. Walmart, Sam’s Club, Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory, Wegman’-anything you could possibly need is right there.
The kitchen was fully equipped kitchen including full-size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, microwave, and stovetop, plus a variety of dishes, cookware. There was a large area with two-line phone and free high-speed Internet access. As well 2 televisions with DVD player
However, I was really put off by the price $159/night + taxes for what seemed like an experience with almost no basic customer service. For that price one would be expecting some better customer service, a breakfast included or maybe some nicer bedding and towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An All-Suite Hotel with Full Kitchens, ample free parking, and Candlewood Values abound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Sterling
- Candlewood Sterling
- Sterling Candlewood Suites