“Great value, friendly staff”

Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Rochester, New York
“Great value, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here as part of group for Rolling Thunder weekend. You can't beat this price (about $70/night) for the value provided. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful as was the guy who helped me when I needed more towels and a replacement light bulb the next day. It's important to understand that this is an extended stay hotel, not a full service hotel. They make it very clear that towels are not changed out daily for example, and that was just fine. It's quiet, well kept and has everything you need. The evening we arrived, the hallway did smell like someone had been smoking, but that smell was gone the next day. It's very clear that you can't smoke on the floor or in the rooms, but I'd bet that someone had not followed that requirement. It's a short walk to several restaurants; Walmart and Sam's Club are on the adjacent parking lot. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear JoeSetta,

Thank you so much for staying with us once again during the Memorial Day weekend Rolling Thunder ride. It is a pleasure to serve your group year after year.

Next time you visit, we will have newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms providing for a very updated and modern look!

We look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
Venice, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2014

All of the staff and management went out of their way to make this stay the best of all of the hotels that I stayed in on my 35 day road trip! I want to especially thank the General Manager Laila Oinas for her help. Obviously she is doing a great job as it isn't often that the staff praise their manager in such glowing terms. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff... they actually know what they are doing!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Davidqualitystamps,

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff! The General Manager has been there since the hotel opened many years ago and takes so much pride in her hotel, services, and most importantly, the employees.

If your travels bring you back to the area, next time you will find newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms in our suites! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Every chance I get to stay at candlewood sterling I look forward to it the staff treats you very well Rossa and Sarceon are awesome they bring a smile to my face. The company I work for will pay for me to stay at Best Western but I'd rather pay out of my own pocket to stay at Candlewood Sterling
Thanks to the staff

Robert Price

• Stayed March 2014
SterlingHotelMgr1, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear: Mr. Price

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very pleased that Rosa & Saroun are delivering a great customer service. We really appreciate your comments. We look forward to provide you with another comfortable stay in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Management Team
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay here at least a couple times a week. Yicel is usually the person on duty. She is very nice and helpful. Always has my info ready to go and making a reservation with her is very easy. The rest of the staff is great too.

The rooms are always very clean. I really like their free laundry. They do not have room service but they do have a nice snack room and there are local places to go.

You can't go wrong staying here. Rooms are affordable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Tyler G,

Thank you for the compliments about our hotel! We love to hear that our staff is providing fast, and efficient service. We pride ourselves on giving our guests quiet, clean, and comfortable rooms to stay.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this candle wood was so nice and helpful!!! They went out of their way to be welcoming of us and our dog. We have stayed here before and have always have been satisfied with everything. The rooms are clean and we can always get anything that we made need in a timely fashion. My boyfriend works nice and the staff is very quiet during the day which is a very big plus in our book!! Thank you for the great service!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Victorioustory,

We are so happy that we were able to make you and your husbands, and dogs stay comfortable! Our staff respects your privacy and we do keep pretty quiet during the day time! Plus, it helps that our suite doors are more like Apartment doors than flimsy cheaper doors. They are really great in sealing out exterior sounds.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is located an easy drive from Dulles airport. We were a large group and could not continue our trip due to a raging snow storm. All our contacts with this hotel by phone were handled courteously and efficiently. The whole staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The rooms were very clean and well supplied. No ice machines in the hotel, but there is some located across the parking lot. Nice people, clean suites, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Danni,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about the wonderful service you received during your unexpected layover in Dulles. We are happy to know that we made your and your groups stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I always enjoy staying here everyone knows my name I feel like a valued guest. I price is fair and the rooms are great. Great staff I feel like its a family run business witch is nice. I enjoy the free coffee and they offer a DVD player witch you don't see much these days. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I look forward to staying here in the future. ...

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Eric,

Thank you for reminding us that we are still on of the establishments out there that give you that "family and home" feeling! We take pride in our hotel and service and are thankful that it is well noticed! We look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!