“Great hotel for short term stay in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel for short term stay in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pros: Room, bathroom and carpet were very clean. Microwave, fridge...and free popcorn. Fresh smell throughout the whole hotel. Landry and dryer were free (24 hours) courtesy of the hotel, which is wonderful if you have a kid. You can some snacks and drinks available in a room by the reception (honor system for payment). One of the coolest things also, is that front desk closes at 11 pm, however, if you come later, all you have to do to check in is go through the front door, locate your first name on one of the safes, it will ask you to enter the first 3 digits of your last name and will automatically open up so you can get your key, quick and very easy.
Cons: depending on what road you take, there is a toll road to get to the hotel...and guess what, you need to have coins, no one at the toll to take your money!!! but that is not the hotel's fault of course.
Biggest con: standard room comes with a full size bed. Staff said they could not upgrade me to 2 beds when i called.

Overall, a good hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear ReDouane A,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and our Star Guest Service Employee.

We are very sorry we were not able to accommodate you with 2 Full Size Beds in the suite, unfortunately, we only have a few rooms with 2 beds, the rest are Single, Queen size beds. We are happy you encountered our Gem, Rosa Ossa, she always shows up with a smile from ear to ear willing and eager to help all our guests!

We hope that you get to stay with us again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
VIRGINIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After having my normal Hotel cancel my reservation that has been standing for the entire month!!! I travel to the area every week and stay at a hotel.. Well after being given the "shaft" I landed in the very capable hands of a Mrs Rosa Maria Ossa, what a great asset to have... The rooms were more than I had expected, very clean and neat and the grounds were very nice as well. Service was "top notch" I highly recommend this place to stay....

• Liked — SHOWERS
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Road Runner 202,

Thank you so much for the compliments about our hotel service! Ms. Rosa Ossa has been with us for may years and truly goes 'over the top' with the customer service she provides! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good hotel for long term . In good location and close to markets and outlets , transportation available but you need to know how . Amazing people at the desk , Rosa and Laila are great girls and will help you with big smile.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Basel1978
Dear Candlewood Sterling Guest,

Thank you for the compliments about our fabulous staff, Yicel and Rosa truly have a fabulous demeanor with each and every guest! Our dedicated housekeepers and service staff have all been here for well over 5 years, and some almost 10, it is obvious that they enjoy what they do and take each day to the next level with cleanliness!

We look forward to serving you again!

Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was a nice transition for me. I relocated to the area for a new job and this hotel was close and convenient for me during my initial stay in the area. The accommodations were fair, but the staff was friendly, helpful and consistent. Yicel was very welcoming upon my arrival. Rosa and Loula were very helpful throughout my stay. The cleaning staff did a fine job with keeping the room fresh and clean. All staff I encountered was generally very pleasant to be around. The price was very reasonable compared to the competitors. Surrounded by tons of amenities; restaurants, stores, shops and entertainment. Other guests were a little loud in the parking lot at times during the evening, but overall the room served its purpose for me in my transition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
We love to hear comments about the great staff that we have! Thank you! Most of the employees have been here for over 4 years now, some as long as 9.

We do know the parking lot was rather busy this past summer, creating more people and a little more noise than usual. But the summer is over and things are very quiet at the Candlewoood and back to normal!

We look forward to your next visit!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Staff
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I came to "hole up" and work on a project for a few days--isolated from family, life, etc. This was older than other Candlewoods I've visited, and that was reflected in furnishings, etc. I got the work done that I needed, and I appreciated being next door to a Walmart for food etc.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do it a little differently:
1. I have a moderate mobility impairment, and I didn't realize this place was so big. I usually don't bother asking for a room near the front, but the walk to my room this time was a hike. If I'm here again, I'll ask for a more handicapped accessible room.
2. This hotel makes an echo canyon with an adjacent Suburban (similar type of hotel). Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the echo canyon.
3. From the elevator stop to my nonsmoking room on the fourth floor, I had to walk through the smoking room zone, and the stench was pretty nasty. (My own room had clean air.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear phm3,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We so much appreciate all comments, both positive and negative, this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services.

This hotel is defiantly due for a full renovation and expect that it will take place in early 2014, we are hopeful to get new kitchens, appliances, carpets and more.

We are in a fantastic location walking distance from the Super Walmart and many, many shops and restaurants.

We hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us the opportunity to serve you.

Surf City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Although the rooms were comfy here were some issues...
-was dirty, the thermostat kept being weird, they didn't even pick up our dirty towels!
-no entertainment, no breakfast or pool or anything, just a little low tech gym (which is by the washer and dryer)
-not very close to anything except restaurants
-Service wouldn't deal with a poor lady whose license plate was stolen along with other items from her car!!
-WILL NOT Come Back!!!!!

Room Tip: When you come to the hotel, there is an Extended Stay across the parking lot. Then across that is a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank R M
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear R M,

Thank you for the comments about our rooms being comfortable! We do pride ourselves on our Extended Stay Concept, making your suite fell just like home.

We are an Extended Stay Hotel where we only provide housekeeping service once weekly, however, we are always available to give you clean towels and take your dirty ones.

Because we are an Extended Stay hotel, where most of our guests stay weeks at a time, we are able offer a lower rate because we do not have a pool, provide entertainment, or provide breakfast.

We are conveniently located walking distance to the Super Walmart where our guests can pick up items to cook breakfast and meals, in their suites, that have a Fully Equipped Kitchen, with a stove, full size refrigerator, and dishwasher!

We are also walking distance to many restaurants and shops including the Dulles Town Center Mall.

Thank you again for all your comments, this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services!

Candlewood Suites Sterling
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent staff, clean room, business cente with two computers. Pretty much says it all about my one night stay. This is one of the better Candlewood that I have stayed in. The only negative I had was that they were painting a wall in the entrance way and they did not use low VOC paint and it was giving the front desk a head ache. I will stay here on my return travels. I also do not like the energy management system they have because it turns off when you leave the room which makes it hard to cool a room down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jan A,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel, I'm happy that we are one of the Better Candlewoods you have stayed in. We will defiantly look into the low VOC paint next time we use paint in the public space, we are hopeful for a renovation in the near future and surly this can make a huge impact!

We hope that you get the opportunity to stay with us again on your travels.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!