I came to "hole up" and work on a project for a few days--isolated from family, life, etc. This was older than other Candlewoods I've visited, and that was reflected in furnishings, etc. I got the work done that I needed, and I appreciated being next door to a Walmart for food etc.
If I had to do it over again, I'd do it a little differently:
1. I have a moderate mobility impairment, and I didn't realize this place was so big. I usually don't bother asking for a room near the front, but the walk to my room this time was a hike. If I'm here again, I'll ask for a more handicapped accessible room.
2. This hotel makes an echo canyon with an adjacent Suburban (similar type of hotel). Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the echo canyon.
3. From the elevator stop to my nonsmoking room on the fourth floor, I had to walk through the smoking room zone, and the stench was pretty nasty. (My own room had clean air.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An All-Suite Hotel with Full Kitchens, ample free parking, and Candlewood Values abound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Sterling
- Candlewood Sterling
- Sterling Candlewood Suites