“Excellent overall experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Excellent overall experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent staff, clean room, business cente with two computers. Pretty much says it all about my one night stay. This is one of the better Candlewood that I have stayed in. The only negative I had was that they were painting a wall in the entrance way and they did not use low VOC paint and it was giving the front desk a head ache. I will stay here on my return travels. I also do not like the energy management system they have because it turns off when you leave the room which makes it hard to cool a room down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jan A,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel, I'm happy that we are one of the Better Candlewoods you have stayed in. We will defiantly look into the low VOC paint next time we use paint in the public space, we are hopeful for a renovation in the near future and surly this can make a huge impact!

We hope that you get the opportunity to stay with us again on your travels.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I got this hotel through Hotwire at first then I extended for 5 extra weeks. The hotel is in great location, near shopping centers, restaurants and Dulles Town Center. My room was nice and all the amenities were provided. Rosa and the staff were very pleasant, thank you Rosa for the great customer services you provided.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Mark B,
Thank you for taking a moment to let the world know that you had a great stay with us! We all love Rosa as she is a crucial part of this hotel team and helping us to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guests!

We hope that in any future visits to our area, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again!

Abuja, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel provides the comfort of home away from home. Cute accommodation friendly and hardworking staff, pocket friendly budget.

Rosa, Laila and Yosef? and two other men whose names I cannot remember now were very helpful in making my stay memorable. I was over charged though, but I discovered too late and could not complain.

I will sure recommend the place but they have to update their web profile in order to give up to date information. My initial impression was that they run shuttle services, this was not so when I got there, they stopped since 2001 I was told.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are good, i did not have issues with mine and did not come across people switc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nijeria,
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We do have a fantastic staff and pride ourselves on the people we have here and the customer service we provide.

We do apologize about the information on the website you booked the room through being incorrect regarding the shuttle service. Our web page is correct, it looks like this 3rd party one had not been updated. Thank you for letting us know and we have since had the changes made to reflect our hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Due to flight delays, we found ourselves spending the night in DC unexpectedly prior to beginning our vacation to Africa. We got a good deal on a room through hotwire. The place was very nice, high quality bedding and clean. We wanted to spend the morning visiting the Air and Space Museum near Dulles airport but couldnt take our bags with us.

Rosa and the rest of the staff at Candlewood Suites were very kind and helpful. They let us leave our luggage with them in the office while we visited the museum, stopping back briefly to grab our stuff before flying out latter in the afternoon. What started out as an ominous beginning to our holiday ended in a very pleasant stay and visit to DC. Thanks Rosa!

Room Tip: Cab fare to and from Airport was more than expected. A dirt cheap bus runs for a dollar dropping you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are glad you were able to get our hotel through Hotwire! We appreciate the comments about the clean rooms and customer service! Rosa has been a valuable part of the Candlewood Suites Sterling Team for many years. We hope you have an opportunity to visit with us again!

Thank you for choosing us!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Great customer service. The location was close to everything and very inviting. The rooms are a little dated however, the small kitchen was cute and I had a very comfortable lazy boy recliner. I was able to switch out my pillows to suit my preference. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Glen824

Thank you so much for your comments. We really appreciate it. Yes, we are due for a full renovation and am hopeful that will happen by years end. In the meantime, we will continue to provide 100% cleanliness for all the suites.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.
Upper Marlboro,MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks. The hotel is very clean, the staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. It right behind a Super-Wal-Mart and Sams Club. A good selection of restaurants within 4 blocks, a huge mall (Dullas Town Center) and several strips malls. It a few blocks off the highway, but very quiet. They have a nice fitness center and laundry room ( washers and dryers free) a business center, sundry shop and free movies for the guests to check out. This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Liz,

Yes, we are in a fantastic location. We love that guests can walk to the Super Walmart and tons of restaurants and shops. We DO have FREE washers and Dryers, and are even getting brand new ones soon in efforts to make them more efficient for the guest use.

Thanks again for staying with us and we sincerely value your comments!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the best place I have stayed (thus far) in Northern VA thus far. While the other hotels I've stayed at in this area are nice as well, Candlewood Suites / Sterling was the most comfortable and convenient. The rooms are very nice and amenities provided are nice as well. The energy of the staff (very important to me and enters into my rating) was also very good.

Thanks to Rosa (and others) for ensuring my stay was enjoyable. I will choose Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jdub,
Thank you for your feedback. We agree that customer service is of utmost importance as we really pride ourselves on it. Rosa has been with us for over 3 years and we are so happy to have her.

We hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!