WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Abuja, Nigeria
“Home away from Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel provides the comfort of home away from home. Cute accommodation friendly and hardworking staff, pocket friendly budget.

Rosa, Laila and Yosef? and two other men whose names I cannot remember now were very helpful in making my stay memorable. I was over charged though, but I discovered too late and could not complain.

I will sure recommend the place but they have to update their web profile in order to give up to date information. My initial impression was that they run shuttle services, this was not so when I got there, they stopped since 2001 I was told.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are good, i did not have issues with mine and did not come across people switc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Nijeria,
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We do have a fantastic staff and pride ourselves on the people we have here and the customer service we provide.

We do apologize about the information on the website you booked the room through being incorrect regarding the shuttle service. Our web page is correct, it looks like this 3rd party one had not been updated. Thank you for letting us know and we have since had the changes made to reflect our hotel.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Due to flight delays, we found ourselves spending the night in DC unexpectedly prior to beginning our vacation to Africa. We got a good deal on a room through hotwire. The place was very nice, high quality bedding and clean. We wanted to spend the morning visiting the Air and Space Museum near Dulles airport but couldnt take our bags with us.

Rosa and the rest of the staff at Candlewood Suites were very kind and helpful. They let us leave our luggage with them in the office while we visited the museum, stopping back briefly to grab our stuff before flying out latter in the afternoon. What started out as an ominous beginning to our holiday ended in a very pleasant stay and visit to DC. Thanks Rosa!

Room Tip: Cab fare to and from Airport was more than expected. A dirt cheap bus runs for a dollar dropping you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are glad you were able to get our hotel through Hotwire! We appreciate the comments about the clean rooms and customer service! Rosa has been a valuable part of the Candlewood Suites Sterling Team for many years. We hope you have an opportunity to visit with us again!

Thank you for choosing us!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Great customer service. The location was close to everything and very inviting. The rooms are a little dated however, the small kitchen was cute and I had a very comfortable lazy boy recliner. I was able to switch out my pillows to suit my preference. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Glen824

Thank you so much for your comments. We really appreciate it. Yes, we are due for a full renovation and am hopeful that will happen by years end. In the meantime, we will continue to provide 100% cleanliness for all the suites.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.
Upper Marlboro,MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks. The hotel is very clean, the staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. It right behind a Super-Wal-Mart and Sams Club. A good selection of restaurants within 4 blocks, a huge mall (Dullas Town Center) and several strips malls. It a few blocks off the highway, but very quiet. They have a nice fitness center and laundry room ( washers and dryers free) a business center, sundry shop and free movies for the guests to check out. This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Liz,

Yes, we are in a fantastic location. We love that guests can walk to the Super Walmart and tons of restaurants and shops. We DO have FREE washers and Dryers, and are even getting brand new ones soon in efforts to make them more efficient for the guest use.

Thanks again for staying with us and we sincerely value your comments!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the best place I have stayed (thus far) in Northern VA thus far. While the other hotels I've stayed at in this area are nice as well, Candlewood Suites / Sterling was the most comfortable and convenient. The rooms are very nice and amenities provided are nice as well. The energy of the staff (very important to me and enters into my rating) was also very good.

Thanks to Rosa (and others) for ensuring my stay was enjoyable. I will choose Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jdub,
Thank you for your feedback. We agree that customer service is of utmost importance as we really pride ourselves on it. Rosa has been with us for over 3 years and we are so happy to have her.

We hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again.

Kissimmee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's well equipped for a long term stay I heard to rent to an apartment is ridiculous amount if you intend being in the area for business months at a time or in military that needs a place for an extensive amount of time this is good it has a kitchenette,two burner stove with pots,pans,dishes,microwave,coffee maker,and full size refrigerator, next door is a Sam's Club and Wal-Mart so you can fill that fridge with groceries. The grounds have grills if you want to cook outside(wouldn't recommend it in the winter) but if your there such extensive amount of time I would invest in a croc pot to compensate for no oven. Laundry facility,free high speed internet,a business center if you need to print or fax anything.The ladies at the front desk are really friendly and attentive to your needs. The place is really clean I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive comments! No, we do not have ovens, but the Crock Pot and a Toaster oven is an excellent substitution. We even have Toaster Ovens that the guests can borrow for no charge.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope so see you again.

Candlewood Suites Sterling Team
Taos, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel again because my previous stay 8 months ago was pleasurable. I stayed this time for a two week business trip and I immediately noticed a change upon checking in. The initial room I was issued had not been cleaned properly so I informed the front desk clerk of my concerns. He immediately issued me another room which was also not properly cleaned. After returning for a second time, the staff member was very apologetic and escorted me to make sure we found a room which was satisfactory.
The hotel staff is extremely courteous but the hotel does not seem to be as properly maintained as it was 8 months ago. The trash cans in the hallways are always spilling over, all of the entry areas are littered with cigarette butts, the carpets are dirty and 1/2 the laundry machines were not working properly.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors facing the rear of the building. There is too much foot traffic on the low...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments Mr. Daryl!

We appreciate all guest feedback, both positive and negative, this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services.

Management and staff are all the same as 8 months ago, although we are short a person right now due to an illness, and with a staff of under 10, when one person is missing it feels like 10. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we are confident we can rectify the issues immediately!

Also, we actually have an order in for brand NEW washers and dryers!