“Nice find in a tucked-away location”

Pattaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 248 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed June 8, 2013

A small place tucked away between an Western Union and a laundry in a strip-mall... easily passed up. Visited twice; dine in and carry-out. Service and food experience was different for each. Dine-in service is leisurely, but the food is quite good. Found the portions adequate and the food seasoned just right…not too spicy, not bland. Atmoshere was quiet and relaxed with a typical US Thai decor. Take-out, on the other hand was not nearly as good, nearly unedible, tasteless and dispensed it to the trash.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at a hotel near Dulles airport and this was on the local restaurant list. We decided to try it and consider it a great choice. My wife had Shrimp Pad Thai and I had the Green Curry (Beef).. The Pad Thai had seven nice sized shrimp in a large bowl/plate of typical Pad Thai that was very well prepared and quite tasty. She could only eat about half of it and while Pad Thai is not my favorite, I finished most the rest after I had finished my dish. The Green Curry was excellent having very high quality ingredients that were prepared wonderfully. Let me warn you if you ar not a hot spice aficionado, you may not like the standard preparation here -- it is rated 2 peppers on their heat scale and it earned every bit of that rating; the heat was wonderful in that it stimulated the senses without burning out the taste -- Well done. Each plate was prepared indeoendantly so the Pad Thai came out about 3 minutes before the Curry; both came out very hot (temp). I also had some of their Thai Tea which was some of the best I have ever had; I recommend it especially if you have a 2 or 3 pepper item. Service was good and attentive. Decor is typical US Thai and it is a dining area that can accomodate about 30 people max

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was in the area for a week long class. A classmate recommended the place. I love Thai food and decided I would order takeout appetizers for lunch. I ordered spring rolls and the fried shrimp w/ veggies, potatoes etc.. The shrimp were edible but the rest of it tasted like they were old veggies sitting around and someone dumped a pile of whatever and fried it all. I could not even eat the summer rolls. I knew they looked very large compared to the summer rolls I've had from other places but I could not get pass the strong foul odor in order to taste it. Again it looked like very old vegetables with old lettuce wrapped in the rice paper and the smell reminded me of an old dirty mop. I knew the place looked dirty towards the kitchen as you can partially see what's going on in there and it was very unprofessional (most of the workers had just come out of the kitchen and were sitting down eating) and unclean but I don't always go by looks because sometimes you can find good food in "hole in the wall" types of places. I asked for a receipt 7 times and finally the young girl understood me I guess and hesitantly wrote me out a receipt. Once I got back to my hotel I could not even eat the food so I tossed it in the trash. Money wasted and still hungry. Never try a new place when you're hungry. I can't believe the good reviews I've read here. Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing off the menu but I will never go back due to the uncleanliness in the kitchen area alone.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I frequent this cute spot. They have good service and the food is the best Thai in Sterling, VA. They also deliver, but we usually choose to dine in. It is well priced and the portions are large so we usually end up having the leftovers to take home. Try it out!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This Thai food place has the best Tom Kai Gai soup & the best Chicken drunken noodles in town.
Also go for the Pad Thai, the Green curry with chicken & some Thai ice tea!
Great place to take a date or the whole family! My kids like the chicken satay with a side of rice!