“Doesn't look like much, but spectacular food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Midland, Texas
“Doesn't look like much, but spectacular food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Highly impressed with this one based on previous reviews. The food was outstanding, served hot and very quickly. Far better that any other Thai place I've been throughout my travels. Hope to be able to come back here!

Powhatan, Virginia
“Excellent value and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This small restaurant is located in a shopping center that is half vacant but, don't be deterred, it's worth a visit. I ordered Pad Thai with beef, for $9.95 I got a large plate that I couldn't finish. Flavorful without being too spicy.

• Visited March 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Good service, reasonable prices, so-so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I hate to dissent from all the positive reviews. Our view may be tainted by the fact that about three weeks earlier we’d visited our favorite Thai restaurant, Koh Tomyums in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong. By contrast, our meal at Pattaya Thai was disappointing. The shrimp cake was mushy inside, not springy. The missus’ green curry was watery. Worse, she asked for “the mildest possible’’ version and wound getting something too hot to finish. My drunken noodles were spicy too -- but I wanted them that way; I found the dish tasty and the portion more than generous. Service was friendly and prompt. The price was reasonable. But for the most part the food was a letdown.

• Visited December 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
“favorite new Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have been to Pattaya about a dozen times now and each time the food is consistently good. The tofu/bean sprouts is one of my favorite and the other is Pattaya Tilapia. Service is consistently good too. I would recommend it to all Thai food lovers.

• Visited October 2011
Vevey, Switzerland
“very good very typical and simple thai food in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

It's quite distant from Sterling. I came here three times in the last two years, always for lunchtime. I found it from good to very good and I was never disappointed by the food and by the service (with always smile). There are always customers and it's very quiet. It's good value for money. Recommended.

• Visited January 2011