“Excellent value and good food”

Pattaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 242 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Powhatan, Virginia
“Excellent value and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

This small restaurant is located in a shopping center that is half vacant but, don't be deterred, it's worth a visit. I ordered Pad Thai with beef, for $9.95 I got a large plate that I couldn't finish. Flavorful without being too spicy.

• Visited March 2012

Herndon, Virginia
“Good service, reasonable prices, so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I hate to dissent from all the positive reviews. Our view may be tainted by the fact that about three weeks earlier we’d visited our favorite Thai restaurant, Koh Tomyums in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong. By contrast, our meal at Pattaya Thai was disappointing. The shrimp cake was mushy inside, not springy. The missus’ green curry was watery. Worse, she asked for “the mildest possible’’ version and wound getting something too hot to finish. My drunken noodles were spicy too -- but I wanted them that way; I found the dish tasty and the portion more than generous. Service was friendly and prompt. The price was reasonable. But for the most part the food was a letdown.

• Visited December 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
“favorite new Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have been to Pattaya about a dozen times now and each time the food is consistently good. The tofu/bean sprouts is one of my favorite and the other is Pattaya Tilapia. Service is consistently good too. I would recommend it to all Thai food lovers.

• Visited October 2011
Vevey, Switzerland
“very good very typical and simple thai food in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

It's quite distant from Sterling. I came here three times in the last two years, always for lunchtime. I found it from good to very good and I was never disappointed by the food and by the service (with always smile). There are always customers and it's very quiet. It's good value for money. Recommended.

• Visited January 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
“Very tasty Thai~!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our first visit for dinner last night was a tasty success. We're new to the area and looking for a tasty thai house, as we're in mourning for the loss of our last haunt. I've been to a few in the broader area, and this one is very good, and easy in & out.
Service was personalized and excellent.
Fresh summer rolls were freshly made with lots of fresh thai basil. We ordered the drunken noodles chicken (which gives me a basis for comparison), and something we'd not seen before - a "Crispy three layers pork" which was excellent in both taste and texture. Atmosphere was more open & casual, not somewhere we'd target for a special-occasion dinner, but we'll definitely visit again - highly recommended.

1 Thank wwwonderwhiskers