“The Sweetness of Sweetwater Tavern” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #1 of 238 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American casual restaurant with a micro brewery serving a western inspired menu.
Dover, Delaware
“The Sweetness of Sweetwater Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ate here recently. Rolls are absolutely amazing. Almost like a doughnut but just plain. Comes with a sweet butter that makes it downright heavenly. Had the blue crab fritters which were equally amazing. Where they truly excel is their beer. They have around eight home brew beer selections with an option to sample them all in little mini glasses. I personally had a Yippie-Ei-O, a smooth yet robust German style beer. I simply could not get over how many flavors I encountered in just one sip, yet doesn't smack you in the fact with over-hoppiness like some other beers of the same nature. Granted I'm not exactly a beer connoisseur, but to keep the flavors from overpowering your senses yet still have a lot of them is something I find many breweries cannot accomplish.

On a slightly downside, I get just a plain jane hickory smoked BBQ burger which was just your standard burger, and they forgot to melt the cheese. Our waiter wasn't around much either, however I think that was more isolated as some of the other waiters/waitresses were out and about with their clients. Simply put this place is busy, and it's busy for a reason. If you are a beer lover, whether just casual or professionally, I would recommend checking this place out. Get the blue crab fritters, a basket of rolls and ask your waiter what the best beer selection for your food would be, I'm sure they won't wrong you.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Austin K

Thousand Oaks, CA
“Thoroughly enjoyed!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great team service, very friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful setting on the creek, had a table in the covered patio. Started with blue crab fritters(terrific flavor and sauce). Loved the ozzie rolls. I had the drunken rib eye which was very tender and flavorful. My husband had the baby back ribs and said he had not had ribs that good in a very long time. I wish we had this restaurant back home.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank eabarrdvm
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I sat in the bar to watch a little hockey and have a bite to eat. Atmosphere was good. Service was great. I will definitely return next time I am in Sterling.

Coaldale, Colorado
“Outstanding service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

When was the last time your server noticed your food wasn't the way you ordered it, offered to replace it, a free dessert, and sent over two levels of manager to apologize & offer to make it right? All without you saying a word about it.Twice here in a month & way surpassed even my heightened expectations. Everyone on their staff is dying to help you. Best service out there by a long shot.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark R
Ashburn, Virginia
“Consistently Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently dined here for a late Sunday lunch. We didn't have to wait for a table, however we did have a difficult time trying to explain to the hostess that we needed a chair for a booster seat. We were eventually offered a large booth where we could have a chair with booster. Service was prompt, as usual. I had the Monterey salad, and it was very good. It's so good I order it almost each time I dine here. My husband had a burger and he said it was quite tasty. The other couple with us split a salad and an entree and they didn't even have to ask for a second plate. Our drinks were refilled, without us asking, before we were finished. We asked for extra bread and it was brought out by another server and then our server came back to see if we needed more. We had no problem getting a split check and I was able to use a survey coupon for a complimentary dessert.

Parking can be tight as there are a couple of other restaurants sharing the parking lot. They do have call ahead seating. We'll be back!