“Good fun and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American casual restaurant with a micro brewery serving a western inspired menu.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good fun and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The Tavern had a great vibe and energy about it when we visited on a Monday evening. We were promptly seated and the staff very attentive.

Great selection of beers, as would be expected, and the food choice was good for the kind of establishment: a pretty full range from tex mex, through typical American, with some good steaks. I had the ribeye which was cooked as asked, although the taste of the steak was masked with a scathing of sauce which was excessive and unnecessary.

The only negative about this restaurant was the seating arrangements. We were a large group, yet the tables were affixed to the floor and could be not be moved together to accommodate more than 4 together. Indeed, when another person joined us and we moved an additional chair to squeeze him in, we were told that it was blocking access (it wasn't) and he would have to move. Using their logic our colleague would have been moved to a table on how own, but they reluctantly accepted that if we moved people of our table, we could distribute out a little more.

Overall, a fine experience, marred by a little inflexibility and service malfunction.

Coaldale, Colorado
“Outstanding Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Consistent excellence throughout the experience. From pints before dinner through desert. Best Ceasar salad I've ever had (manager shared that dressing has a 2 hr shelflife & then discarded & made new). Tender beef with great flavor. Outstanding service: didn't matter who "your" server was, ANYONE in the place would immediately get you what you need. Possibly the coolest 40' mural I've seen in the restaurant. Don't miss it.

• Visited March 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I am never disappointed with this restaurant. I look forward to eating here every time I visit my company home office. It is a down to earth place where you can just relax. This visit I had ribs. The meat was falling off the bone and the BBQ sauce had a great flavor. The beer is cold and rather potent so be careful. The waiter was very quick and went out of his way to help a friend find a nonalcoholic beer. In our group of 6 there were no complaints. I am looking forward to my next visit!

1 Thank Elena C
Potomac Falls, VA
“A consistent TOP choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We "discovered" GAR at the Sweetwater in Centreville in late '96 and every one of the Great American Restaurants (GAR) have been such a favorite that they're consistently top-choice stops for our dining forays at lunch or dinner. We've taken all our family, multiple visiting friends, and new business colleagues there for the delightful service, great menu, and super presentation. I'm aware those are grand judgements, so I want to confirm how valid they are by noting we have been so impressed that I attempted to become an investor in GAR several years ago. I was politely refused, but it did not affect our total regard for the top quality in every metric we can observe. The seafood choices are prepared better than top fish restaurants, the prime rib is unrivaled, the salads are entree' sized and diverse, the pork chop(s) are tender.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mack G
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Great food!! But over priced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food here. Love the bread, espcially the Ozzie rolls! But it's way over priced. I love salads so I always get one but its $15 just for a salad with some chicken on it. It's nothing special but that's way too much for a salad. The service is off and on. The bartenders are usually better than the severs and are very good. The floor needs to be cleaned more often, it always seems so dirty. I love the food but the high prices are keeping me away!

1 Thank LoveLifeAlways7