“Perfectly cooked salmon and great service”
Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: American casual restaurant with a micro brewery serving a western inspired menu.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfectly cooked salmon and great service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

After reading other reviews on this site, I went to Sweetwater right at six to avoid the crowds. I walked right up to the bar and was served promptly. One of the seasonal beer choices was a pumpkin lager. The beer was great but I was not a big fan of the graham cracker crust like rim. I chose the smoked salmon as my entree. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted great. Additionally, I believe that the mashed potatoes included smoked plantains as decoration which were a great tasting surprise. The service was just as good as the food.

• Visited November 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“Everything was wonderful...but you must get the drunken ribeye...”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

But I have to say that we get the drunken every time and it is always amazing!! I have to say if you are only going to go there once....be sure and get that...you will NOT be disappointed. The bread and the salads were awesome too. And if you sit outside.......the view is beautiful...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TheBigelows
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Avoid the wait and call ahead”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A friend took me to this tavern in No VA and I could not believe how busy it was. The wait was estimated to be around 2 hours. Luckily we found two stools at the bar and were able to have an adult beverage while waiting. The actual wait was about 1 hour. I had the crab cakes which were worth the wait. The house red wine was not worth the $8 a glass. If you are going to try this place on a weekend, take advantage of the call ahead wait list service - 703-645-8100.

• Visited October 2012
Southern California
“Nice Place, Very Good Food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good food, reasonable prices good service. I visited the Sweetwater Tavern for dinner ... had the crab cakes, very tasty and made with Blue Crab (as they should be). There were many other good looking items on the menu but, as a guy who watches his weight, I restrained myself. Definitely worth another visit.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank jim_julian
Hillsboro, Va
“Don't Miss the Crab Fritters as an Appetizer.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I go to Sweetwater on a regular basis. The food never disappoints and the atmosphere is fun and accommodating to nearly any occasion.

I've done lunch & dinner on numerous times and would strongly suggest the Crab Fritters every time for an appetizer.

I have 2 minor "complaints" when thinking of going to Sweetwater for a business lunch -- 1) some times I feel that the ambient noise is rather loud. This should be taken into account if the meeting is critical and you need some place that you can really talk about details (if that is the case, you may want to choose somewhere else). 2) the other item is the restaurant has lots of booths...for business meetings, I prefer to sit in a table with 4 chairs....that is not always easy at this restaurant.

In any case -- both of these issues are minor but something that you may want to consider.

As for the food -- you can't go wrong! Enjoy.

Visited October 2012