“Everything was wonderful...but you must get the drunken ribeye...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #1 of 242 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American casual restaurant with a micro brewery serving a western inspired menu.
Great Falls, Virginia
“Everything was wonderful...but you must get the drunken ribeye...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

But I have to say that we get the drunken every time and it is always amazing!! I have to say if you are only going to go there once....be sure and get that...you will NOT be disappointed. The bread and the salads were awesome too. And if you sit outside.......the view is beautiful...

1 Thank TheBigelows

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Avoid the wait and call ahead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

A friend took me to this tavern in No VA and I could not believe how busy it was. The wait was estimated to be around 2 hours. Luckily we found two stools at the bar and were able to have an adult beverage while waiting. The actual wait was about 1 hour. I had the crab cakes which were worth the wait. The house red wine was not worth the $8 a glass. If you are going to try this place on a weekend, take advantage of the call ahead wait list service - 703-645-8100.

Southern California
“Nice Place, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good food, reasonable prices good service. I visited the Sweetwater Tavern for dinner ... had the crab cakes, very tasty and made with Blue Crab (as they should be). There were many other good looking items on the menu but, as a guy who watches his weight, I restrained myself. Definitely worth another visit.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank jim_julian
Hillsboro, Va
“Don't Miss the Crab Fritters as an Appetizer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I go to Sweetwater on a regular basis. The food never disappoints and the atmosphere is fun and accommodating to nearly any occasion.

I've done lunch & dinner on numerous times and would strongly suggest the Crab Fritters every time for an appetizer.

I have 2 minor "complaints" when thinking of going to Sweetwater for a business lunch -- 1) some times I feel that the ambient noise is rather loud. This should be taken into account if the meeting is critical and you need some place that you can really talk about details (if that is the case, you may want to choose somewhere else). 2) the other item is the restaurant has lots of booths...for business meetings, I prefer to sit in a table with 4 chairs....that is not always easy at this restaurant.

In any case -- both of these issues are minor but something that you may want to consider.

As for the food -- you can't go wrong! Enjoy.

Visited October 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the moment I walked in I loved this restaurant. Everyone was so pleasant, the food was delicious, and the beer was super!!! The only problem that I can possibly find (and I only know this b/c my youngest daughter is a hard-core vegetarian) is that they do not offer a decent vegetarian/vegan option. Meat and Beer! Meat and Beer! Yum! Yum! Also, I was shocked at the bill when we got it - VERY reasonable :)