“Restaurant Review”

Cuisines: Chinese
Great Falls, Virginia
“Restaurant Review”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The restaurant is nestled in a strip shopping mall anchored by a Giant grocery store and a Starbucks. It also has a McDonald's in there as well.

The food is good for Dim Sum, probably the best location for Cantonese food in the area. The dim sum is served by employees via steamed carts. The selection is the same as any other similar establishment. We typically go once a month for Dim Sum.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lawrence E

“Very authentic Chinese food.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprise as I was happy to find a non buffet Chinese restaurant let alone one that was so authentic. I could tell it was goin to be authentic when I saw the duck hanging in the warmer. I wish I knew what more of the dishes were so I could try some new cuisine. The dim sum looked good! There were three of us in our party and all enjoyed there food. The atmosphere is a little plain but the staff is great!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AdventureMythsJon
new york
“Authentic Chinese Food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant serves authentic Hong Kong style Cantonese chinese food, dim sum and all. I was in awe finding this place. This restaurant serves the real deal so if you are looking for a run-of-the-mill American Chinese food, you will be quite pleasantly surprised by their menu. There is no buffet here, just traditional service, table service or takeout order.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sing Z
IAD
“Decent Dim Sum”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not a grand restaurant, but the Dim Sum was good. The carts did not get logged up which normally happens in a Dim Sum Cart Restaurant. The Price was moderate. The Place was clean. Parking was easy since it was in the same lot as the Giant.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sudeepd
Sterling, VA
“Best Cantonese food in the Sterling area!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Since re-discovering Golden King (it was recently re-opened as a more traditional sit-down Cantonese style Chinese food restaurant) - I have been there every week! They offer dim sum (carts on the weekends, order by menu on the weekdays) that is equivalent to the other dim sum restaurants in the McLean area but for me it is local and cheaper! But their dinner dishes are what has me sold. My wife is originally from NYC and I from NJ - so we're used to eating at authentic Cantonese style Chinese food restaurants up north. The food at Golden King is close enough to the NYC restaurants to satisfy our craving. The waiters and waitresses mostly speak Cantonese so if you speak the language it is helpful. But they speak English too of course.

In terms of pricing for the dinner dishes - they are very reasonable - and in some cases cheaper than NYC restaurants.

My favorite dish in general is Pan Fried Noodles - and Golden King makes a great one. Get it with pork for extra flavor.

I will definitely be back again and again.

• Visited September 2012