“Very authentic Chinese food.”

Golden King Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 254 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprise as I was happy to find a non buffet Chinese restaurant let alone one that was so authentic. I could tell it was goin to be authentic when I saw the duck hanging in the warmer. I wish I knew what more of the dishes were so I could try some new cuisine. The dim sum looked good! There were three of us in our party and all enjoyed there food. The atmosphere is a little plain but the staff is great!

1  Thank AdventureMythsJon

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant serves authentic Hong Kong style Cantonese chinese food, dim sum and all. I was in awe finding this place. This restaurant serves the real deal so if you are looking for a run-of-the-mill American Chinese food, you will be quite pleasantly surprised by their menu. There is no buffet here, just traditional service, table service or takeout order.

1  Thank Sing Z
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not a grand restaurant, but the Dim Sum was good. The carts did not get logged up which normally happens in a Dim Sum Cart Restaurant. The Price was moderate. The Place was clean. Parking was easy since it was in the same lot as the Giant.

1  Thank Sudeepd
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Since re-discovering Golden King (it was recently re-opened as a more traditional sit-down Cantonese style Chinese food restaurant) - I have been there every week! They offer dim sum (carts on the weekends, order by menu on the weekdays) that is equivalent to the other dim sum restaurants in the McLean area but for me it is local and cheaper! But their dinner dishes are what has me sold. My wife is originally from NYC and I from NJ - so we're used to eating at authentic Cantonese style Chinese food restaurants up north. The food at Golden King is close enough to the NYC restaurants to satisfy our craving. The waiters and waitresses mostly speak Cantonese so if you speak the language it is helpful. But they speak English too of course.

In terms of pricing for the dinner dishes - they are very reasonable - and in some cases cheaper than NYC restaurants.

My favorite dish in general is Pan Fried Noodles - and Golden King makes a great one. Get it with pork for extra flavor.

I will definitely be back again and again.

1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A couple of years ago, I remember eating here when it still offered the buffet. I don't really remember too much about it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too bad, since I agreed to meet family there again last night. And that's when I found out that the restaurant was under new ownership. Apparently, the new owner did away with the buffet and went to an a la carte menu.

There were 14 in our party so there was quite a few different dishes that were ordered. I'm not going to outline every single item, but let me say that there wasn't a dish that was bad. All the food was freshly cooked, evident by the temperature of the food as it hit our mouths, and all of it was delicious. As for value, you can't beat it for the amount and quality of food you get.

This is a place we will be returning to for good, authentic, Chinese food.