“Interesting for a change but not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Genghis Grill - CLOSED

Genghis Grill
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Virginia
“Interesting for a change but not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Interesting idea to be able to pick your own ingredients but it has disadvantages as well.
a) Cleanliness: Floor was very sticky. Bits of food where they did not below. Decor was nice, but cleanliness did not seem that great.
b) Food: Our dishes were overall overcooked (everything was shriveled). Overall feeling is that it was saltier than we would have liked. Maybe it's in the amount of sauce we added, but then we were not given any help with that.
c) Price is reasonable.
d) There are some displays on the table but some of the "games", you have to pay for and nobody tells you that so if your kids play with it, you'll have a $0.99 charge on your receipt. Could have been more. Feels like a trap. They did remove the charge after we complained about it, but it's really a turn off to feel like there are money traps sitting on the table at the reach of your kids.
Once was enough for me.

• Visited November 2013

Potomac Falls, VA
“Surprisingly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'd been to another location and liked it well enough to invite my wife to join me at a new GG in our Sterling neighborhood. She hesitated because she had the idea the food would be grilled in oil and there wouldn't be sufficient choices of items to combine. When I promised her that if she chose not to try it after actually seeing it, we'd go to her favorite place, she agreed. We've now been three times in 5 weeks. Others have written about the breadth of choices, but I love the absence of carbs in most of them - I ask for only half the brown rice, the freshness of ALL the items on the buffet table, the great selection of sauces, and of course, the prices for a full and filling meal. And, others have written about the service at GG. I have to assume they're expecting something more than I, but we've consistently been satisfied with the level of attention, the promptness of deliveries, and the follow-up confirmation that we were pleased.

• Visited October 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Lot of food at good price and you pick from fresh items that they cook to order!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Try and you will go there often . You pick your choices of meats, veggies and sauces, then pick kind of rice and type of noodle and they grill for you. Server brings to table and in less than 20 minutes you are eating a delightful meal.

• Visited September 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Pick your own ingredients”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This grill is located in the shopping plaza that contains Target, PetSmart, etc. We were promptly seated and our server asked if we had ever dined with them before as he was willing to explain the process. He took our drink order and then took our order. We were each given a card with our name on it so that they would know who the bowl belongs to when they finish cooking it. You pick up whichever size bowl you would like and there was a person at the meat station. We told her what we wanted and she put as much as we liked in the bowl - there was beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, and I believe pork. Next were the vegetables and there was the usual assortment that you would find at a Mongolian grill. You could put as much as you could fit in your bowl. Last station was for the sauce. There was a variety, but we found it odd that they did not have soy sauce, but instead honey soy. Once you have everything in your bowl you take it to the cook station and let them know which starch you would like - brown rice, white rice, fried rice, noodles, or cabbage. You leave your bowl and name card and when your meal is cooked it is delivered to your table.

I recommend joining their "Khan's Klub" as you receive special offers, including a free entree for your birthday. I redeemed my free entree, which had been added to my "Klub" card, and our bill was correct. Soft drinks/iced tea come in large glasses. I asked for a refill in a to-go cup and it was as large as the original one. It was a bit noisy in the restaurant as there is no carpeting and the music was a bit loud. There were many flat screen tvs in the location and there is limited outdoor seating.

• Visited August 2013