“A Hidden Gem!”

Captain Mas seafood & Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain Mas seafood & Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 242 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
“A Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Oh my gosh! Red Lobster was closed due to no power so we went looking for seafood on a Friday night in Lent. Loved the Hush puppies, the crab quesadilla, the crab mac and cheese and especially the crab cakes. Great service and someone came over regularly to check on how we were doing. Awesome place! Give it a try.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank diehardjimmie

Virginia
“Amazing food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Like others have said, the service left a lot to be desired. If your experience is like ours, expect a 15 minute wait, even with reservations. Expect to sit at the table 15 minutes before the waiter drops by to welcome you. Just be careful not to expect or ask the waiter for anything that might distract him/her. The service alone might doom this restaurant. The waiters, kitchen staff wander around as if they aren't sure what they need to do next with no prioritization.
The owners are nice guys, but, expect too much of their staff. They need guidance.
The food was amazing. The crab cakes were very good, not dry and have very little to no breading. The seafood was cooked perfectly.
We would go back again, but, only for the food. Maybe carry out. If you go, expect great seafood and terrible service. If you are prepared for that, then your meal will be fine.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank m98cox
Herndon, Virginia
“Fantabulous Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

had dinner here with the family and it was fantabulous! The lobster Mac & Cheese is awesome. The grilled salmon was devine and the crab cakes were juicy and flavorful. The customer service was excellent. Everything was cooked well and with good temperatures. Live music was great! Overall a very positive and memorable experience !

1 Thank Lia A
Sterling, Virginia
“New and not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went for dinner and thought, I love seafood, it's close to home, let's give it a whirl. That was a mistake. I live in Sterling and drive to Easton,Fairfax or the Wharf for my seafood normally and this place reminded me why. The "raw bar" steamed shrimp was way overcooked and was like eating erasers. The clam chowder was runny and not like anything I have ever tasted. BY this time I was not excited to eat my main course and took a few bites before getting it packed for the dog. The server and owner were really nice; however the cook needed extensive training. I hope they can get it together but I am not willing to try again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Helen-Cascades
Washington, Virginia
“What a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and thought the place looked like a dive from outside. Having lived in the area before, we knew it had previously been a Ruby Tuesday and were hesitant to go. However, another guest at the hotel (another recent transplant) was working their and highly recommended it. Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Based on looks, it was very old-school Red Lobster-ish looking, but the food was amazing. The gator bites were excellent (I'm originally from Florida so I know my gator), the soup was great, and each of our four meals were absolutely delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. My only complaint...they had karaoke going on at the bar with a 65+ crowd that thought they could sing annoying the rest of us.

Visited August 2013