“Superb Food, but staffing issues and more noise than an oldster likes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hooked Seafood & Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, American, Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Superb Food, but staffing issues and more noise than an oldster likes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

WE have been looking forward to eating there, though it is a 40-minute drive from our home in Vienna, VA. But, today I had a medical appointment in the area, so we stopped in for lunch. The facility is great, and the patio, nestled in the curve off of the off ramp from Cascades Parkway to Route 7E, is delightful, but noisy from traffic. But, it beats eating inside where loutish music interferes with the enjoyment of a delicious seafood meal. I had "Clay Pot," which I would best describe as bouillabaisse meets tom-ka, and is presented in a black pot that appeared to be some kind of heat resistant plastic, but definitely not clay. Nevertheless, it was delicious: containing eight juicy mussels, three medium shrimp and three good sized scallops, plus lots of bok choy cut up and not overcooked, but still crispy. The broth was a rich coconut base with a spicy nip and some other ingredient which may have been heavy cream. Whatever it was, it was absolutely first rate delicious. Several wait staff appeared to be trainees, trailing an actual waiter, and our waitress, though very pleasant and most attractive, was not very organized. So, based on this one visit, I would assess the wait staff as in need of experience. If you are anywhere in the Loudoun County area, this is a place that you should try, at least once.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a great meal! I'm extremely picky when it comes to world of sushi, perhaps even a bit of a sushi snob. This place is definitely a great experience all the way around. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable, the ambience was eclectic and a step off the map (which I really like) and the menu was extensive, with a really nice selection of seafood and sushi. I like to try signature items in restaurants (along with a few personal favorites), so I had a Lychee Saketini, Miso Soup, Magyu Carpaccio, Wakame Salad, a Jalapeno Popper roll and to top off my experience...the HOOK LINE & SINKER roll! I emphatically put a focus on the final roll due to the fact that it was one of the best sushi rolls that I have ever tried. (And I have tried my share!) If you are in Sterling, Virginia don't skip dining here, you will be truly hooked!

• Visited August 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our server was very knowledgeable about the dishes offered, and we didn't go wrong. Food was excellent and the outdoor patio is gorgeous. It's covered in case of inclement weather and can be reserved for private functions. We went on a weeknight and it wasn't at all crowded - I think it must be one of those hidden gems. Don't let the small crowd scare you. This place is fantastic!

Visited June 2013
Missoula, Montana, USA
“Eh... it was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a private room for a large party. The food was okay, a bit on the high side for what was average grub. The service was INSANELY slow for a private room... the reason being...he was waiting all of the other tables in the main dining area...that is the fault of management's poor staffing... not a reflection on the waiter. He was overwhelmed and it showed when he argued with me after bringing the wrong wine...

Visited June 2013