WINNER WONDERLAND

“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bungalow Lakehouse

The Bungalow Lakehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bungalow Lakehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 236 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palisades Parkway
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

A group of us (with little kids) went her for dinner. I have driven past this restaurant many times, but have never stopped in...until last night. It was much nicer than I was expecting.

The atmosphere was a little dark, but nice. Everything seemed very clean. The staff was very friendly. There was an outdoor patio overlooking the lake where a lot of people were haning out. (I will probably come back another time to enjoy the patio!) There were also a pleasant number of people coming-and-going. It had a vibrant feel to the place.

I have to admit that when I opened the menu, I was a bit surprised at the entree prices. They were higher than I was expecting (I'd guess an average of $25 per entree). I ended up ordering a crab cake (from the appetizer menu), plus a side salad. I am a crabcake snob and this one PASSED MY TEST!!! It was really delicious.

I will definitely be coming back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place for drinks, food, and sports.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just discovered this place from a recommendation from a friend and we were glad we visited. Best place to watch sports and drink & eat. Great atmosphere and great food. Very nice bar. Has cigar & smoking area which is a plus for us! We had the bbq chicken sandwich and blueberry cobbler. Nice selection of beer and liquor. Definitely have to check this place out if you live in the area!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Leesburg, Virginia
“Excellent Bartender, Bad Manager”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were a party of five on a rainy Saturday. We were only there for drinks and maybe an appetizer. It was a very slow afternoon. Once the rain stopped we decided to go outside to sit. Now, there was a sign that said for dining guests only in large open section with two tables taken and about fifteen tables open - again slow afternoon. In the bar section, they had taken in the cushions due to the rain so there was nowhere to sit there. So we decided to sit at a table in the dining section until the bar section was open. A waitress came over and asked if we were eating. We told her no, just drinks but there was nowhere to sit at the bar. The Manager then came out and kicked us out of the section since we were not going to eat. Not the friendliest person in the world, but not really rude either. She simply had mission keep the tables for people dining.

I understand they want to reserve tables for people who would like to eat outside, rather that people just having drinks. However, on a slow rainy afternoon, with very few patrons, a manager should be able to think on her feet. I would expect a manager to think: It's slow, very few people here, go ahead and enjoy the outside table, and when I need it for people dining I will need you to move. That did not happen. It was ridiculous that we had to move inside so that tables could remain vacant in the dining section. We were not rude, we simply got up and went inside paid our check and left.

Would we go back? Not sure.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adsjayhawk1
Sterling, Virginia
“Good Food, Many Options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Available on Open Table, Bungalow Lakehouse offers a varied menu at wide ranging price points. They were particularly sensitive to helping us navigate the menu due to dietary restrictions and allergies.

Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
“Excellent Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant has everything you could want. From a beach/bar atmosphere outside to a romantic eating area inside. It is a on a busy highway, but it away from the road and the small lake it sits on makes it feel much quieter. This was my first time eating here and loved it! They have a unique menu and everything we had was delicious! The service was excellent! The price was comparable with other nice dining restaurant. Would definitely come again!