“Best indian food, ever!!”

Balti Tandoori Indian Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 247 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were staying the evening in Sterling after a fun day of white water rafting in harpers ferry.

We were so pleased after stumbling apon this place, the food was out of this world amazing! Everything we ordered was delicious.

There was an indian desert that I have been looking for, that wasnt on the menu. I had asked our server who was very polite and informative about it. Gaja halwa?? (Totally botched that..) its a carrot pudding.

She went to the chef and asked if they wouldnt mind making some, they had no problem accomodating and i got my fix! Triple kudos.

I wish we lived closer, would totally make this a weekly visit!!

1  Thank Michael H
There are newer reviews for Balti Tandoori Indian Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fantastic! I may be a bland American but this is the best Indian food I have had on four continents since I lived in Britain in the 1980s. Order more than just the standard Tikka Masala. Everything is very good! Make sure to order onion kulcha and finish the meal with a mango lassi!

2  Thank Clifferat
Reviewed March 20, 2014

One of the best Indian restaurants I've been to in US. I'd been there with my family on my wife's birthday. Staff was courteous and were happy to make the dishes we ordered the way we wanted it - we prefer dishes bit on the spicier side. After the meal they offered my wife a nice little kulfi (frozen Indian dessert) for her birthday. Loved the desi touch.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank WhatsMyNamix
Reviewed January 5, 2014

With few options for decent Indian food in Loudoun County, Balti is a notable exception. Good ambience, prompt friendly service and excellent Indian food. Balti has a wide and varied menu which supports multiple visits without having to order the same thing every time. The 'palek panier' and 'bagan bartha' were awesome.

The prices are reasonable running about $20 per person at dinner, though the naan is a little too expensive.

If you are looking for good Indian in the Sterling / Herndon area - this is the best option. Enjoy!

1  Thank LamaFood
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Service excellent! Food ordered and served to perfection; mild spice. This food did NOT make me ill the next day or cause stomach issues like most other Indian food I have eaten. We had the mixed platter, a rice dish with goat meat, kingfisher beer and garlic naan. The goat was interesting. A little tough for my taste, but still good. I am not a beer drinker, but I really enjoyed this one; very light. Service is excellent as far as explaining the dishes and making recommendations. My date thought service was slow, but I think it was a good pace to enjoy a leisurely meal. We were not constantly interrupted and got attention when needed. Quiet atmosphere, so it's good for conversations with friends. It is a 5 minute walk to the Regal movie theater. I will be back again soon for sure!

1  Thank Meretravel23