“AMAZING INDIA FOOD”

Balti Tandoori Indian Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 249 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Lunch buffett is incredible in terms of quality and quantity of selection. I have been to dozens of India restaurants, including the highest ranked ones, and this one beats it hands down. Dinner is also excellent - just a bit more expensive. It does not look impressive on the outside, but it is really nice on the inside and the food is to die for.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

SO took me here as he's been here before. I have never had Indian food before. This is a hole in the wall in a tiny strip mall. Don't let that dissuade you though!

I wasn't real sure at first as it was a totally new and foreign taste experience but it truly grew on me and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very attentive to making sure I was enjoying my first experience with Indian cuisine.

We had Flying Horse beer to drink - Indian beer and a rather large bottle. Instead of bread like you get in most restaurants - we were served some sort of cracker - kinda looked like a wrap folded in half that has cracked pepper in it - with two sauces - one sweet and one hot. The 'cracker' was way too hot for my tastes.

SO had Lamb Biryani, I had Chicken Biryani, and we shared Bangan Baharta (eggplant dish). We had some garlic Naan bread with the meal. They do ask how hot you want your dishes - on a scale of 1 - 6. A 2 is "American Hot" - a 6 is "Indian Hot". Something I don't think is on the menu but SO knew to ask for was salted lemon - it was done as a veggie mixture and it's a garnishment and it was salty AND hot - the staff brought out a very very small dish of it (think small metal pinch cup).

All and all - a very good experience - I enjoyed it -and SO said this is very well done Indian. Every other person in there (Friday night) was Indian. We will go back for sure.

1  Thank AllieInMD
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We watched this restaurant open about 5 mos ago. Located in a small strip mall among other strip mall areas, near Regal cinema. White table cloths, nice atmosphere, we were surprised. Started with a mixed platter - loved it! Def enough for 3-4 people. Entrees incl Baingan Bhartha-roasted ggplant and veggies. We asked for it spicy - terrific! Also shared a mild Balti Shrimp Masala-balanced out perfectly w/ our spicy dish. Small wine/beer (good list tho) but also can get alcohol drinks. Service excellent even w/ a mix up in the glass of wine. Lovely people. Heard from others the buffet lunch is good too. Overall great experience and will try some other dishes.

1  Thank VAAussie