We booked it on a discount site and so we got our room for a good price - although we were visiting Washington, D.C. and it's about 40 minutes from the Whitehouse, we decided to stay here for the savings but boy were we surprised!
When we walked in, I didn't find the front desk right away because I thought I walked in the wrong door. The feel of the lobby is like a trendy cafe equipped with awesome looking baked goods and coffee. They have effectively removed the stuffy front desk in exchange for a dynamic multipurpose serving hostess. I think more hotels should follow their lead because check in felt much more personal much because of the atmosphere - the dynamo staff helped for that too,
The room (double) has a couch, a desk, a bar with fridge, and a separate vanity. The colors are warm and not bland and they even use actual granite for their counter-tops instead of Formica. Both my wife and my daughter were floored by the high quality of everything in the room.
The breakfast was an actual breakfast not like some of the skimpier included meals we've had. Bacon, eggs and pancakes - mmmm.
The fitness center is better than some - but not the best in the world - but I got a modest workout completed here with a good swim in the heated outdoor pool afterwards.
Let me finish this with this - I look for certain things in any hotel I get when I travel - this had them all. Location was the only downfall - but it had so much extra that I definitely recommend and would tell anyone to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the innovative hospitality of Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, the recipient of the 2014 and 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for customer service. Additionally, Hyatt Place was just ranked top upscale hotels for customer service by J.D. Power. Our Sterling, VA hotel offers inviting spaces to relax and work, with free Wi-Fi, a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast and shuttle service to Dulles Airport and local destinations within 5 miles radius. Enjoy shopping and dining at Dulles Town Center Mall, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and One Loudoun, all minutes away. Our casually chic hotel also offers a prime Dulles Airport location for business and leisure travelers. We offer intimate meeting and event spaces near major companies, including Lockheed Martin, NTSB, Northrop Grumman, DHL, Raytheon, Neustar, AOL, Verizon, and VISA. Students visiting the DC area will appreciate being close to Northern Virginia Community College, The Art Institute of Washington Northern Virginia, George Washington University and Strayer University. Relax after a long flight or drive in one of the 134 spacious guest rooms at our Hyatt Place hotel near Dulles Airport offering plush Hyatt Grand Bedding, Free Wi-Fi, media center and ergonomic desk, Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, 42” inch HDTVs, contemporary decor and a relaxing environment. We feature onsite facilities for our guests’ convenience including a 24/7 fitness center with modern exercise equipment, seasonal outdoor pool, and three meeting rooms with a combined 1,600 sq. ft., ideal for social or business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Place Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Sterling
- Sterling Hyatt