“So good, we went back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Roanoke, VA
“So good, we went back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Being a Washington Capitals hockey fan that lives in Roanoke, VA, requires an overnight stay as we cheer on our CAPS. In April 2013 we were blessed with 3 opportunities to see the CAPS at the Verizon Center. We tried another local hotel for our first trip and opted to try the Hyatt Place on our second stay. We were so impressed we immediately booked for our third and final trip.

We did have one "incident" of noisy neighbors after midnight in an adjoining room suite, but a report to the front desk and it was handled efficiently by security.

Breakfast bar is well-stocked; furnishings are modern/contemporary and hotel was very clean. Bedding was very comfortable (husband and I are Sleep Number owners and very "picky").

If given an opportunity next season and traveling to watch the CAPS play on home ice, this will be my "home away from home". :)

Room Tip: I will probably ask NOT to have an adjoining suite for future trips to minimize noise because voices...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Hockey season will be back before we know it and we look forward to seeing you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay here a couple of times a year for business. I am a fan and will continue to come back. Shuttle to and from the airport is a nice feature! Check in is always speedy and people are nice. I love the rooms. Beds are very comfy, TV is nice, couch and desk provides some semblence of home and they actually re did their showers which I liked. You can come back later at night and get a snack or drink to bring to the room and the breakfast in the morning has been expanded which helps out on those mornings where you need a pick me up.

There are three restaurants across the street and if you cross the highway there is a small mall with lots more choices and a movie theater if you like

would recommend to anyone staying here for business or just along the way on your travels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Good morning!

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Hyatt Place Sterling as well as providing us with your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoy staying here with us and have been able to take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer.

Our new A.M. Kitchen Skillet and recently renovated bathrooms are definately two of my favorite things! Breakfast is a great pick-me-up in the morning and the bathrooms are very modern.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was clean but smelled awfully strange. Normally I bring a handful of travel scented candles with me but forgot them. The bed wasn't as comfy as the other Hyatt Place over in Chantilly but it did it's job. Had a $3.75 chocolate chip cookie. Holy crap, it was worth every penny, really delicious! I'm actually a pretty big fan of Hyatt Places as opposed to the Hyatt. (Had a bad experience at the Hyatt) and I've found that the Hyatt Place is definitely more tailored for a business travelers needs. And typically, that's how I travel is like a solo business person. Very single serving sized type A for me. Front desk was very friendly and housekeeping staff as well. Honestly, for $70 on a Saturday night? It was a major bargain.

Room Tip: Room 228 is in front of the maids service room so if you're a late sleeper, you will hear doors...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good morning!

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to provide us with your feedback.

I completely agree with you when it comes to our huge chocolate chip cookies, they are delicious! Also, Hyatt Place is designed perfectly for business travelers.

We hope to see you again soon!
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family of five occupied rm 429 (it was for disabled people though we are not). We've stayed in hotels literally all over the world and this Hyatt Place was among the best for value and comfort. This particular room (not sure if they're all this way) was quiet, immaculately clean, had immediate free wi-fi (no codes to enter), a huge TV, plenty of reading light, strong hot shower usable both ways (with or without the hose attachment), a huge fold-out sofa bed (comfy) and two double beds besides. It also had a desk with adjustable chair height, and all the other amenities you'd expect (iron/board, blow dryer, free in-rm coffee, toiletries etc). I even liked that the hangers come OFF the rail to hang clothing on. We stayed 2 nights and were totally happy with the service and amenities. The breakfast was also good - hot eggs and sausage, rolls, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, juices, milk and cereal etc. Very well done and substantial. This was an excellent value for the money and I highly recommend it for business or family travelers. Free WSJ paper each morning was another nice touch. Also had free internet in lobby on two terminals for guests' use. Decor was also modern/chic and pleasant. Has a pool and small workout room, but we did not use either.

Room Tip: If available and you don't mind lower hangers for your clothing, opt for one of the disabled-acc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Amy!

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling as we know there are many hotels in the Sterling area!

We truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities that we have to offer.

We hope to see you and your family again on your next trip to the Sterling area!
New jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room looked great on line, but it is very deceiving. Bathroom is the size of a closet. Difficult to close door when standing inside. The window type air conditioner never cooled the room, despite setting it at the coolest level. There is no bureau to put clothes in, just cubby holes, and the closet is the smallest I have ever seen. No vending machines on any floor. No choices for low carb breakfast. There are so many good hotels around here, don't choose this place. Try the Homewood Suites in Herndon, where I have stayed several times. Closer to the airport and large rooms with more amenities. Was booked at HYATT for 2 nights but moved back to the Homewood for the second night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling as well as providing us with your feedback. We strive to not only meet every guest’s expectations but exceed them as we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible.

Our Hyatt Place hotels were designed for business travelers who are in town for a couple of nights out of the week and want to stay at a comfortable/quality hotel while on the road. I’m not sure if you were able to try our low carb breakfast options such as our Sunrise Croissant Sandwich, which has eggs, spinach, Muenster cheese, and mushrooms on an open faced croissant.

The reason there are no vending machines on each floor is to avoid the noise they cause, but we do provide sodas, water, candy, chips etc. at our Grab n’ Go in our Lobby 24 hours a day.

Hyatt Place is a growing brand and we hope you give us another try in the near future.
naples florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

my wife and I stayed here for a week in April, flying up from FL for a friends Wedding. but stayed a week to do some sight seeing.

when booking tell them your flight detail and u can get picked up by the Hotel Bus for free (Tip the Driver).

Check in was nice and easy and we where greeted with a nice smile, the Room was very clean and well laid out, with a nice big TV and the bed was also very large and comfy.

This Hotel is geared mainly for people in and out for a day or so on Bushiness. there is a small bar with beer and wine only and a few snacks.

Breakfast is a self service affair in a kitchen setup. which was very good as its included in the price, the only down fall here was its the same every morning. that being said it was always hot with plenty of coffee.

the room was cleaned every day, the only down on the rooms was a lack of safe deposit box in the room.

The hotel is about 45 mins from DC we rented a Van from a local Hertz's car rental and it was much cheaper that the Airport rate, and the Hotel Bus will give you a ride to pick it up and return it. from here we traveled to DC 3 times and did all the normal sight seeing things as well as a day trip to Gettysburg which was one and half hours away but a good day out.

Close by is a strip mall with a few places to eat and drink, and of course the hotel bus will take you and pick you up within a 5 mile raids.

Over all a great place to stay and if i was in this area again I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Higher the Floor the Better, Tip the Bus Driver and he will look after you
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling! As there are many hotels in the Sterling area, we truly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the ammenities we have to offer and got to see some of our local attractions. We all look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Virginia!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not a hotel snob. I say this to clarify for those of you reading this that my review is not based on some grandiose notions I developed in my ivory tower. I am a regular person with a regular job, regular kids and husband. Now, back to the review-upon check in the gentleman did everything right except give me the correct wifi access code. When I went back the other guy told me one letter was off and he saw the first guy write it out and knew it was wrong but never said anything! So clearly the staff is not a team! On the positive side I had wanted some juice but for some reason they only had apple. I drink any and all kinds of juice except apple so the gentleman took my husband to a nearby 7-Eleven so he could get another type. At least they were helpful and knew we weren't from the area so he took him himself.
The room-I booked a king bed which was fine. It was generally well kept but there was a small stain on the couch but I won't go into that since I never sat on the couch it was a non-issue for me. The refrigerator was the noisiest one I think I've ever had while traveling. It's a mixture of hum and vibration at first you can't get to stop until I realized you can't put anything on the top shelf. The odd thing about the room-and I've never had a room like this- is that there was no drawers in the room. There was only a closet and no drawers! I don't know about you but I don't normally hang up my bra, panties and socks so it was very odd to me. The bedside tables are tiny so that wasn't an option. I didn't want to keep them next to the sink with the coffee pot so I ended up keeping them in my suitcase and took them out as needed.
Finally, the Internet service was spotty in terms of speed-I didn't check the connection speeds so I can't give you exact numbers but let's just say there were moments when the thought of "dial-up" entered my head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Alisa,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal here at Hyatt Place is to not only meet the needs of every guest, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Alisa, as a platinum member we truly value your loyalty and your feedback is very valuable for us. Rest assured that your concerns about the refrigerator and the internet speed has been shared with our management team.

We hope to have the opportunity to change your opinion of us in the near future. If you are ever in town again please contact me and I will be sure to make sure your stay is much more pleasurable.

Warmly,

Brittney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Been to Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!