I'm not a hotel snob. I say this to clarify for those of you reading this that my review is not based on some grandiose notions I developed in my ivory tower. I am a regular person with a regular job, regular kids and husband. Now, back to the review-upon check in the gentleman did everything right except give me the correct wifi access code. When I went back the other guy told me one letter was off and he saw the first guy write it out and knew it was wrong but never said anything! So clearly the staff is not a team! On the positive side I had wanted some juice but for some reason they only had apple. I drink any and all kinds of juice except apple so the gentleman took my husband to a nearby 7-Eleven so he could get another type. At least they were helpful and knew we weren't from the area so he took him himself.
The room-I booked a king bed which was fine. It was generally well kept but there was a small stain on the couch but I won't go into that since I never sat on the couch it was a non-issue for me. The refrigerator was the noisiest one I think I've ever had while traveling. It's a mixture of hum and vibration at first you can't get to stop until I realized you can't put anything on the top shelf. The odd thing about the room-and I've never had a room like this- is that there was no drawers in the room. There was only a closet and no drawers! I don't know about you but I don't normally hang up my bra, panties and socks so it was very odd to me. The bedside tables are tiny so that wasn't an option. I didn't want to keep them next to the sink with the coffee pot so I ended up keeping them in my suitcase and took them out as needed.
Finally, the Internet service was spotty in terms of speed-I didn't check the connection speeds so I can't give you exact numbers but let's just say there were moments when the thought of "dial-up" entered my head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the innovative hospitality of Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, the recipient of the 2014 and 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for customer service. Additionally, Hyatt Place was just ranked top upscale hotels for customer service by J.D. Power. Our Sterling, VA hotel offers inviting spaces to relax and work, with free Wi-Fi, a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast and shuttle service to Dulles Airport and local destinations within 5 miles radius. Enjoy shopping and dining at Dulles Town Center Mall, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and One Loudoun, all minutes away. Our casually chic hotel also offers a prime Dulles Airport location for business and leisure travelers. We offer intimate meeting and event spaces near major companies, including Lockheed Martin, NTSB, Northrop Grumman, DHL, Raytheon, Neustar, AOL, Verizon, and VISA. Students visiting the DC area will appreciate being close to Northern Virginia Community College, The Art Institute of Washington Northern Virginia, George Washington University and Strayer University. Relax after a long flight or drive in one of the 134 spacious guest rooms at our Hyatt Place hotel near Dulles Airport offering plush Hyatt Grand Bedding, Free Wi-Fi, media center and ergonomic desk, Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, 42” inch HDTVs, contemporary decor and a relaxing environment. We feature onsite facilities for our guests’ convenience including a 24/7 fitness center with modern exercise equipment, seasonal outdoor pool, and three meeting rooms with a combined 1,600 sq. ft., ideal for social or business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Priceline so you can book your Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Place Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Sterling
- Sterling Hyatt