“Smelled so clean!”

Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is about the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. My daughter just recently moved to the area and it's so nice to know we have a really good place to stay next visit. Rooms are less expensive on the weekend so make sure when they quote you a price they tell you that. They didn't tell us that. But it's in a great location for Sterling, VA and it is in excellent condition.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located and very welcoming. The lobby is very nice. The room was clean and when we had a problem with the A/C they resolved the problem quickly. The front desk staff is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff was nice and friendly, very accommodating with my needs. Hotel shuttle was a HUGE bonus to the Dulles airport. I was picked up at 6 AM and taken back at 4:30 AM. Incredible that with those awful times Hampton still made sure I got there free of charge on their shuttle. Breakfast was fantastic, way better than I expected. Gym was nice too, had free weights up to 50 lbs and free internet, both unexpected and very great add-ons. Price was awesome too. Well, I literally can't think of anything wrong with the place. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Paul B,

My staff was thrilled to hear about your stay with us! Our goal here at Hampton is to ensure that every guest has a stay similar to yours. We have been trying different menus in regards to breakfast and am so happy to hear it was a success. We certainly look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business training and overall the staff was friendly; not overly friendly as some hotels I've stayed at, but they were willing to assist and help when asked. The breakfast was super and again the staff was helpful and made sure things were well stocked. Many options from the hot food down to your basic cold items were available in a spacious and clean eating area. The room was comfortable and with complementary Internet allowed me to keep in touch with work and home. I had no issues with the wired or wireless network while I stayed. The room had a small fridge and microwave for those looking for a quick eat in the room. The bathroom was spacious and clean along with all the normal items one would expect during your stay. The location is close (walking distance) to many major stores such as Staples, Giant grocery store, etc. A small pond is near the hotel and a few places to eat out if you are looking for a few places to get out of the room. I did not use any of the facilities (pool, fitness, etc.) while at this location, but they looked clean and maintained. I would recommend staying in the hotel if in the area.

so, With all that, what are the flaws? A few small things that may drive some people crazy. The room I was in was a bit warmer than I would like while sleeping, yet the built-in window AC unit if turned below 73 degrees would freeze up and make noise while also dripping water on the carpet. Could be just this room, or the higher humidity in the area during my stay. The second seems like a small things, yet I do not think other hotels I have stayed at had this one issue as much as I have noticed here. Public areas and the conference rooms had places where the nooks and crannies had dust, spider webs, or dead bugs. A simple feather dusting of these areas would go a long way in making things seem much cleaner. The conference room table I was at had a coffee ring with sticky dried coffee still on it where one would place books or papers. Again, a simple wipe of the tables by the staff would provide a more professional image overall. Simple things that I think would make the hotel a much more people friendly location. Small things, but as I had said earlier, I have never noticed this in other places I have stayed so it seemed to stick out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Quellaman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I have personally addressed your concerns with my team and we have implemented corrective measure, to ensure not only our guest rooms but our public space as well as meeting space meets our guests’ expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service as well as a well maintained, clean product. Thank you for providing an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was clean and updated. Im a stickler for clean, hairless towels and I found nothing. They were also very soft! The staff was very friendly and attentive. This hotel is in a great location surrounded by shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Tenise J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper actually opened the hotel in 2000 and takes great pride in the condition and cleanliness of her guest rooms. I have shared your experience with the hotel staff and they are extremely satisfied they were able to provide you with the Hampton experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great location, with everything you need close by.The staff would really go out of their way to ensure that your needs are taken care of. The complementary breakfast could improve a bit, especially for a family. Otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I attended a certification class during the week. Great fitness center to unwind, nice weather to run in the neighborhood nearby. Room was quiet and solid sleep. Nice breakfast option in the morning. The staff was really helpful for food options, and I saw that they offered rides in the hotel van to/from restaurants for other guests. I passed that certification that Saturday!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!