“Another fantastic stay at a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Florence, Kentucky
“Another fantastic stay at a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am on the road a lot and stay at Hampton as much as possible. Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades did not disappoint. Great price for the area and a very well maintained hotel. Bathrooms were large and is very good shape. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Good reviews on Tripadvisor, and they were spot on! When you walk in, the interior is nicely decorated. Very clean rooms, and clean linen daily is always a plus! Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Redding, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a wonderful experience. The front desk staff was great, the room quiet, the bed....soooooooooo, comfortable, linens fresh, and the "breakfast included" was far beyond our expectations. Alexis at the front desk was extremely helpful - when we noted a problem with the room (carpet needed some attention but not a big issue), without asking she took one night's stay off the bill. This place cares about your well-being! To add to an earlier review, George Washington would not only have stayed here, he would have often!

Room Tip: At the Cascades shopping center, a short walk away, you can find all you need - groceries, food - Lo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Malvern
Reviewed June 10, 2012

First, let me say my sister-in-law travels the U.S. for her job. She stays at a Hampton whenever she can. Whenever she and my brother travel for pleasure, they book at a Hampton if they can. Using their preference, I chose the Hampton Inn Dulles Cascades for a three day visit to Washington, DC. It was the right choice. There was not one, not even minuscule, negative remark I can comment on for the three night stay. Everything was perfect.

It was advertised a "continental breakfast," but it was a full breakfast with almost everything you could want. There was an attendant to monitor the breakfast items and replace them as needed. I saw she had a small kitchen area where she prepared the eggs and other cooked foods. Very good!

The only drawback. If you are visiting Washington, DC, it is 38 miles to the Capitol Mall. Interesting drive the first time, but tired from a day sightseeing all day for the ride back. You can vary the routes - we returned through Antietam Battlefield Park one time. However, if you are flying it is close to Dulles International Airport and I saw the Inn's airport shuttles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, Ca
Reviewed June 3, 2012

What a great place to stay.
Great desk, great shuttle service, great breakfast, great bed, great everything.

Room Tip: Bring your own water. Very expensive and city water is terrible. Stay on entry side of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I would have rated his hotel higher but the maid did not lock our door after cleaning. The door had to be pulled shut to lock it and she did not do that. Anyone could have pushed the door and walk in our room. The breakfast was good but the 2 nites we stayed they only had mexican omlets. I would rather have had scrambled eggs also. Otherwise the breakfast was okay. The pool was nice. Our room was clean except the sheets were too short. We had a king size bed and the sheets kept coming off. They need new sheets. The hotel overall was good. Close to shops in nearby mall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear BabsMansfield,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us in May. I personally apologize for what you experienced upon your return to your room and want to assure you this behavior is not typical for Hampton as the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We take situations such as this one very seriously and I truly appreciate your bringing this to my attention. I am confident that this error has been corrected and will not reoccur in the future.

I have also reviewed our breakfast selection to ensure we are rotating our breakfast items routinely. It is very important that our guests receive a variety of choices while staying with us.

I thank you very much for the feedback and certainly hope you will think of us again if visiting the Sterling area. Guest feedback is what keeps us continuously improving as a company and I look forward to correcting any and all issues that occur to provide a more comfortable guest experience.

Rebecca Leo - General Manager Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades
Denver
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Yep, a real nice new and comfortable Hampton Inn. I was looking for a hotel for one night and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was easy to control. With tax, I got out of there for about 113 bucks. 113 BUCKS that close to the Dulles airport for a very nice room. This was a deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business