“Nice room”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mansfield
“Nice room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

I would have rated his hotel higher but the maid did not lock our door after cleaning. The door had to be pulled shut to lock it and she did not do that. Anyone could have pushed the door and walk in our room. The breakfast was good but the 2 nites we stayed they only had mexican omlets. I would rather have had scrambled eggs also. Otherwise the breakfast was okay. The pool was nice. Our room was clean except the sheets were too short. We had a king size bed and the sheets kept coming off. They need new sheets. The hotel overall was good. Close to shops in nearby mall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear BabsMansfield,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us in May. I personally apologize for what you experienced upon your return to your room and want to assure you this behavior is not typical for Hampton as the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We take situations such as this one very seriously and I truly appreciate your bringing this to my attention. I am confident that this error has been corrected and will not reoccur in the future.

I have also reviewed our breakfast selection to ensure we are rotating our breakfast items routinely. It is very important that our guests receive a variety of choices while staying with us.

I thank you very much for the feedback and certainly hope you will think of us again if visiting the Sterling area. Guest feedback is what keeps us continuously improving as a company and I look forward to correcting any and all issues that occur to provide a more comfortable guest experience.

Rebecca Leo - General Manager Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Yep, a real nice new and comfortable Hampton Inn. I was looking for a hotel for one night and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was easy to control. With tax, I got out of there for about 113 bucks. 113 BUCKS that close to the Dulles airport for a very nice room. This was a deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times for business trips and bothe times have enjoyed my stay on every occasion.

The breakfast that is offered has many options for all diets. Most recently the breakfast was scrambled eggs, smoked sausage and potatoes. Pancakes, oatmeal, cereal and fruit were also available had I not wanted those items. Coffee, tea and juice were offered to drink with all the creamer and sugar. Coffee and fruit are also put out throuout the day in case you would like a pick me up in the afternoon or after a workout.

There gym is a good size and usually not crowded. Dumbells are the only weights offered but with 3 treadmills, 2 stairmasters and a stationary bike you have enough to get a good workout in. The pool is indoors and the basketball court outside is kept up with nicely as well.

The rooms that I have had are always clean and ready for when I arrive. The all important WiFi works extremely well and is simple to connect to because of the guide on the desk. Linens and towels are soft and smell freshly washed. The bed is always soft and 2 types of pillows are put on the bed so you can choose your preference of soft or firm.

Service is always friendly and helpful. Any problems that have come up or information that I need is handled quickly and courteously.

Tons of restaurants in the area with a few only walking distance from the hotel.

To the people who read this and say the I work for the hotel I assure you I don't. I work for the Navy and I promise you that this is one of the better places to stay in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a quiet weekend getaway and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here in April '12, no real complaints at this hotel. Check-in was fast and easy, they even had coffee/tea/hot chocolate available.

Room was clean, hotel still seemed pretty new. Gym was good enough for a light workout. Breakfast was great, fed my family of five. They had some eggs, biscuits, oatmeal, donuts, cereal, juice, coffee, milk, tea, fruits, & waffles.

Beds were clean and comfy.

The only complaint I had was that our sink did not drain fast, we did not complain to the front desk since we found out late at night and didn't want to deal with someone coming to the room late at night. The hotel is definitely a little tricky to find, but not a big deal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed hear as we had read it was pet friendly for pets under 50 pounds. There is no additional charge for having pet but one must sign liability statement in case the pet causes any damage. Room was very nice with king bed and desk and free Continental type breakfast was included. Room was clean and also had sofa which could have been made into bed. Heard some noise from adjacent rooms during the night but not too bad. Hotel is located just off Cascades parkway and an area of shops and restaurants. Appeared to be in a very safe area.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, OH, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I like staying at Hampton Inns when I travel on business because they are very consistent. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is good. My stay at this Hampton Inn was no exception. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nice and quiet. The breakfast was enjoyable. Overall, another very pleasant Hampton Inn experience.

Just a few miscellaneous notes: The Hampton Inn is located right beside Route 7 (Leesburg Pike) at the Cascades Parkway exit, but you have to weave through the shopping plaza to reach the property. The hotel is only about ten miles from Dulles airport, but remember to allow plenty of time to reach the airport during peak travel periods. It took 30 minutes to reach a business meeting just north of the airport via Rt. 28 after leaving the hotel at 8:30 a.m. As a former resident of Northern Virginia, I should have thought to take the back roads, but I thought traffic would be subsiding by the time I left. If you have to catch a flight, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel. The front desk person named Chris, was very helpful in making our stay seamless. check in was fast. Chris helped me with some area information I needed. Chris was very busy , but took the time to help find my way around the area. "Thank you Chris". The hotel is not close to Dulles, so it is not run down. There are restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. There is a Giant grocery store behind the hotel in the shopping plaza. There is a free shuttle from the airport. The hotel has a coin operated laundry, pass key entry. Free breakfast, waffles, cereal, yogurt etc.the breakfast area is huge and has enough chairs and tables and very clean. Our room had a Jacuzzi tub. Flat screen TV. the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I will stay there whenever I need to be in the DC area.

Room Tip: I do not have any
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Flip f
Rebecca L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Hello Flip f,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Feedback such as this truly motivates the staff here at Hampton Cascades. Chris is a perfect example of what Hamptonality is all about! I will make sure to pass your comments along to Chris and the team so they know what a difference they were able to make in your stay.

It is also great to hear you were able to enjoy all of the other great amenities at the hotel like the shuttle, Breakfast, and the in-room features.

We hope to see you in Sterling again very soon.

Rebecca Leo