“Great Staff Members!!!”

Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Everyone was very friendly and the rooms were clean. We ate at the Omalleys restarunt next door at the Holiday and their Fish with Chips was awesome. The breakfast next morning was french toast, boiled eggs and sausage. What a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Hello booter12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a second review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you had another pleasant stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that we were able to consistently provide you with excellent service because that is something we are committed to providing all of our guests every time they stay with us. We are also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a meal at O'Malley's next door. They also provide room service and will bring the food directly to your room.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed here for one night coming in from a late-ish flight from the UK. Rooms were clean and comfortable, typical Best Western, and we had a good nights sleep. On the upside the breakfast was fantastic, hot food - good choice of items and yummy biscuits with gravy. On the downside it was pretty expensive, guess this is due to its proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear JessUK71,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of the guest feedback that we receive very seriously.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very good to hear that you got a good nights sleep as this can be one of the hardest things to find while you are traveling away from home. We are also glad to hear that you got to enjoy our great hot breakfast buffet to start your day right.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

The whole of DC was virtually full so we decided to stay out near the airport and hit the Mall the next day. The room was clean and I was pleased to see double-sheeted blankets on the bed rather than a duvet or quilt that might not have been laundered for months. Room service comes from the hotel next door but you can charge it to your room. The annoying thing is the air conditioning. It's so loud we chilled the room down while we ate and turned off only to wake at 4.30am hot and needing to start up the noisy machine and lie awake for half an hour while the room cooled again.
Continental breakfast morning is included which is very nice and free WiFi is always a bonus. Would recommend if needing a night close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Dear BloggeratLarge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve their experience.

We are glad to hear that overall you had a very pleasant time while staying with us. We try to create and atmosphere of coming home at our hotel from the moment you enter. Since sleeping is the most important part we very carefully select the proper bedding for our guests.

We would like to thank you for bringing the Air Conditioning units to our attention. We are in the process of replacing the units with brand new quite ones. We do apologize for the inconvenience of waking up in a hot room.

We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast buffet and Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access. We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Very helpful staff. Took the red eye, so arrived very early, but they were very helpful and checked me in. Rooms were relatively big and clean, internet worked fine...all in all, a great stay !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Hello vvenkate,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are more than happy to accommodate our guests whatever time they check in and take care of any needs they have.

We are looking forward to the next time we have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

This place is ideal. Close to the airport, good rooms and the price is perfect! Couldn't fault it. Free shuttle and with friendly staff. Ideal place for a layover.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Dear Welsie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We appreciate all of the guest feedback that we receive and take it seriously.

We are glad to hear that you found a lot of value in your stay with us during your layover. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the complementary shuttle service and that you found the staff to be so friendly. We try to always provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for all of our guests and that starts with the first time you step on the shuttle through to when you step off again at the airport. We hope that you were able to take advantage of breakfast as well while you stayed with us!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you are in the area, just passing through or visiting!

Reviewed July 24, 2010

I'd checked out this hotel with Trip Advisor several days prior to my flight to Dulles. Had been checking others and had no reservations anywhere when I finally got into Dulles from Chicago after a three hour weather delay.

My GPS got me over here easily from the car rental location, and I pulled out the laptop to make an on-line reservation. The hotel's webpage came up after getting a wifi connection, so I checked availablilty. N/A for Sat, Sun and Mon! Rates during the week ran $139 to $74 OK. I'll call and ask whether they have any lower floor rooms available.

Desk clerk says they do. $74 for a king non-smoking. "I'll be right in." Asked about AAA and got the room for $72. Since I was checking in around 1 a.m, and was exhausted, I thought I'd ask about late checkout. "Sure. What time would you like?" I said, "Would 2 p.m. be too inconvenient?" "No problem!"

Opening the door, the air conditioner had the room at almost chilly temps.... a welcome relief from the 85 degree/55% humidity/95 degree heat index at nearly 2 a.m.!

The room is quite nice... bed is a traditional firm mattress (not a pillow top) which my back seemed to like better. The pillows seem to be foam... great for propping up against in bed, but a little hard compared to what I'm used to for laying down my head.

There's a sofa in the room... with a pull-out bed, so the room could sleep four or five people if needed.

I pop out the laptop to send some "I'm here safe" e-mails and send a letter to a colleague who's flying over from Berlin in an hour, and find I can't send e-mails from my e-mail client.

I try the wired connection. Same situation. No joy here.

I call the hotel ISP tech support and learn that this hotel blocks outgoing ports used by e-mail. "Some hotels do this to prevent people from checking in and sending spam."

He suggests using web-browser to access.

Not a functional idea for me. I need my e-mail client to send from any of my nine business or personal e-mail accounts.

Not being able to is use my normal routine is a definite non-starter for me. Would have had me looking elsewhere.

"What kind of a hotel that's after businesspeople's business would not allow outgoing e-mail?" I ask?

The tech support guy suggests letting the hotel know that, and I will do so.

I managed to sleep quite well... and the firm mattress helped with my back. I usually end up in pain after about 5-6 hours in bed, and was able to sleep in for around 8 without any trouble.

So I'm well pleased with the room. Clean. Roomy. Desk and lamp w/outlet, outlets on the wall lamps so you can plug in your phone charger and use it as an alarm. Sink is outside of tub/shower/throne area. Throne has one of the new(er) "build up pressure for a good flush" style flushing systems, but it doesn't take the paper with it on the first flush.

There's a complimentary breakfast from 6-10a in the lobby, but I was trying to sleep, so I can't comment about that.

A quick dip in a pool might be nice, given that it's 96 as I write this with a 43% humidity and a 103 degree heat index, but the hotel has no pool. Probably not a big deal for a business hotel or one that gets bus-loads of tourists coming and going via Dulles.

If they can fix the outgoing e-mail issue before I come back up next weekend, I'd have no problem staying here again. As I said... great rate, nice room, easy in-out from the parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management representative at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Hello TedL-California,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience at our hotel! We highly value all of the feedback that we get from our guests so that we can always strive to improve their experience.

We are glad to hear that you had what sounds to be an overall positive experience. We are glad to hear that the front desk team was able to take care of your needs and they also made you feel welcome when you called to reserve a room and arrange a late check-out. We are also glad that you enjoyed the air conditioning in the room and that you found the bed to be comfortable for you to get a good nights rest!

We would like to let you know that guests who are staying with us are free to use the pool and Holidome facilities at our sister property the Holiday Inn Dulles free of charge. Just speak with the front desk team and they will take care of it for you.

I spoke with our IT department about the e-mail issue. I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention because we were unaware that this was an issue. We don't block access to desktop e-mail clients or ask the ISP to do that for us. The ISP must have a policy that they block desktop e-mail clients automatically at hotels. We have been talking with the ISP to resolve this issue and come up with a solution that works for everyone!

We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family and I flew in from OR to look for our new home in VA. The room was decent, the price was good and so was the breakfast.
We checked out of the room in the morning. We were about half and hour down the road when I discovered that I accidentally left my camera battery and charger plugged into the bathroom outlet. I immediately called the hotel and spoke to the front desk person and asked them to let the maid know I left the charger and battery in the wall so that she could save it for me. I would pick it up on our way back to the airport on July 3rd. They said, "OK".
On July 3rd we stopped at the hotel around 6 p.m. to pick up the charger and I was told I could get the battery and charger at 6:30 in the morning when the maid came in. I was not able to come in at that time because my flight left out at 7 a. m.
When I got home I called the hotel and spoke to the head housekeeper. She told me that nothing was found or turned in and that she would look in the room again and give me a call back. I never received a call back or received a message on my answering machine.
Next, I filled out an online hotel questionnaire about my stay. I heard back from the General Manager, Shelby Clark, by email who said, " She would try and get my battery and charger back to me." That was the last I every heard from either the maid, the front desk person or the General Manager. I am thankful that I didn't leave my purse or anything else of significant value in the room because I know now that I cannot count on them to return anything!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

Dear travelingmom123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We read and take seriously all of the guests' feedback that we receive so we know exactly the type of experience our guests are having.

We are terribly sorry that you misplaced you camera battery and charger. We did search the room thoroughly and it was not found. The house keepers are extremely trustworthy and we hold them to the highest ethical policies. Nothing was found while the room was being cleaned, or in any other part of the hotel. if it comes up we will most certainly contact you.

We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in the area.

The Best Western Dulles Airport Inn Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Best Western Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!