Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
$139
Doubletree.com
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling(Sterling)(Great Value!)
$81
$119
$91
$80
SuburbanHotels
All reviewsno elevatordulles airportroom was cleanmotel stylevalue for the moneyshuttle servicestay there againlong term parkingan early morning flightsized bedfree shuttlepark and flythe general managernice breakfastone night stayconvenient locationbagels
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here with my family for 4 days and we totally enjoyed our stay - the staff were very helpful and friendly , the breakfast was great - very filling and can last you until lunch time. The rooms were a little old but it was quite clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Hello rainedrea,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We take all of the reviews we get very seriously so that we can always strive to improve our guest's experience staying with us.

We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We are glad that the staff made you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed breakfast so much. We want all of our guests to feel like they are at home when they stay with us. We believe that starts with the staff creating a warm welcoming atmosphere and doing the right thing for our guests, Like providing a great breakfast so you can start your day the right way!

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future when you are in the Northern Virginia and DC area again!

The Best Western Dulles Airport Team

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Needed a place to stay at Dulles when I missed a flight. NO problem with the room - spacious, large bed, quick coffee maker in the room. Decent towels, good internet connection. It is a decent airport hotel...

Be aware, no restaurant, so you will have to walk over to the Holiday Inn for a bit to eat (breakfast is complimentary, but I skipped it).

Evidently you have to call for the shuttle to come around to the airport -- I WISH management would note that in the blurb on their web site....otherwise you end up waiting expecting the bus the bus to come and it never does... sigh.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Dear susaninlondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We really appreciate all of our guests feedback so that we can improve our level of service.

We are glad that you were pleased with the room amenities and with the value we provide to our guests. I would like to also let you know that O'Malley's Sports Pub in the Holiday Inn does provide room service for our guests as well!

I am sorry for the confusion that was created in regards to the airport shuttle. I will make sure that the information on our websites is more clear about needing to schedule the shuttle.

Hopefully we will be bale to serve you again the next time you are traveling through Dulles or Northern Virginia!

Reviewed June 17, 2010

The beds were horrible. Neither my husband nor I were able to sleep a wink because the beds were so lumpy and did not have proper support. It was impossible to find a comfortable position. Our son did manage to sleep but woke up exclaiming "I felt like I just slept on a sack of rocks!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Dear HappyFamily003,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take ever guest review and all feedback very seriously in order to improve the overall guest experience at our hotel.

We are very sorry to hear that you weren't comfortable sleeping in our beds. Unfortunately not everyone is comfortable on the same type of bed and most of our guests think our beds are very comfortable. Aside from that issue it seems that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay!

We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 15, 2010

I wrote a review about this hotel the first time I stayed in May. I then stayed there again a second time a few days later, but I never got around to my second review. It's only just that I do so, especially because you can see the management pays attention to these reviews.

Well, the second time I actually paid $30 more for the room than I did the first time. Not good, but the second time I stayed was on the whole much more positive. I got the type of room I reserved, the staff at the hotel was just as helpful and friendly as the first time (helpful pointing me toward places to eat near the hotel, helpful getting the shuttle service set up, and the fresh cookies at the reception desk are always nice). The room this time did not seem dirty in any way. Everything was fine...it's not a luxury hotel, but for what it is, it is quite enough. As the previous reviewer wrote, "absolutely adequate". I also learned this time that if you can't get the shuttle for the Best Western, the Hamden Inn and the Holiday Inn are both close enough that you could catch the shuttle to those and walk to the Best Western. As for close food, I believe others have mentioned and I agree that the Holiday Inn nearby has a decent, relatively inexpensive restaurant.

Oh, had my own computer with me this time, and the wireless is great. Didn't have to deal with the "business center". Definitely recommend bringing your own computer if you plan on needing a computer.

So, on the whole, a more positive experience the second time around. I'll probably be making this trip again, and I very well may stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Dear Natarat,

We really appreciate your continued feedback of our hotel! We do pay very close attention to our guest's feedback and I am glad that we were able to demonstrate that we make changes based on what our guests tell us.

We are very happy to hear that you gave us a second chance after your first stay wasn't as good as it could have been. We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service to try out some of the great restaurants in the area and grab some cookies from the front desk! The whole staff has been making a concerted effort to make sure all of our guests feel like they are family.

We do our best to maximize the value of our guests stay by providing great service and clean comfortable rooms despite not being a luxury hotel! We are glad to hear that you liked O'Malley's Sports Pub and we would like to let you know that O'Malley's does provide room service at the Best Western in case you do not want to leave the hotel. We are also glad that you had an opportunity to use the wireless service. We know how important the internet is in today's world so we try and provide the best connection possible.

We are looking forward to the next time you area in the area and we have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

That states all that one needs to know! We used this motel as our base for sightseeing the Washington DC area. This is not a grand hotel but it is not a dump either, it is not full of people amenities but it is comfortable. The staff is about as friendly as you could want without being annoying. It is cheap and clean, the rooms are smaller than the standard for today think mid-70s motel room and that should give you a size.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2010

Dear marrowoo,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We take guest feedback very seriously so that we can improve our guests experience.

From your review it sounds like you were pleased with your experience with us. Unfortunately we can't make the rooms bigger but we have done our best to keep them very nicely furnished. I will pass your complement about the staff on to the team letting them know they are doing a good job. We try to provide our guests with the most value for their dollar and provide an option for people who are more cost conscious.

Again thank you for writing this review and hopefully we will be able to serve you again in the near future!