New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good Value for the Money-- Park and Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed one night prior to an early morning flight and left our car there until we returned a week later. The rooms were clean and the prices reasonable. Didn't get a chance to try the free breakfast due to an early flight.

If flying out of Dulles again would definately consider staying as part of a park and fly deal here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear ASHMD,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Best regards,

Marisol Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had to stay here because everything else was booked. Let me say that this hotel is really not bad at all! I thought it would be because it's set up more like a motel, but i had no problem with bugs or safety, just a bit of a privacy issue, but that is to be expected. The breakfast was average free fare but better than other hotels on the level that I have been to in the area. I wasn't tooo happy about having to go all the way to the lobby to get ice AND having to carry it back in a plastic grocery bag because the front desk "never has ice bags", but...um...ok. Love the breakfast woman...she is no business and cleeeeeean. Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

When you are in transit, is a good over night option, they have transport from and to the airport, which is very convenience. If you want to have breakfast go early because it gets very crowd and there is not to many tables to seat. For the price is a good option

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here recently while officiating a summer baseball tournament. So I was there for 6 days. It's not a high end hotel by any stretch of the Imagination. But it was good for the purpose. The room was not very big and overall the hotel is very cramped. Parking fills up quick. The breakfast room is small. Those are the downsides.

On a positive note: the staff was super friendly. I had one room issue that was addressed almost immediately and it was fixed. Check in and check out we're simple and the breakfast food was good. W-Fi worked great.

You do need to be prepared for the rooms opening to the parking lot and not a hall way. Despite this, my stay was very quiet as well.

Not 5 star. But not 2 star either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I purchased two rooms and requested adjoining rooms at the reservation. The front desk did not have any and the girls was not very friendly. We actually were just going to cancel our reservation but they got us two rooms next door to each other. We travel with a small dog that has traveled his entire life, so we have stayed at many pet friendly hotels. I picked this hotel because it had a 20. a night fee per pet and we only needed two rooms for one night. Big mistake!!! The pet friendly room smelled bad when we arrived, but the carpets were wet so we left for dinner to let them dry. We returned to a room the smelled even worse, it REAKED of cat urine:-( A very strong musty disgusting smell. My husband went to the front and they gave us a can of Lysol neutra air freshner. I was nauseas from the smell all night and could not sleep, I had to keep spraying the air fresher all night so my 5& 6 year old daughters could sleep. Do yourself a favor and stay at the mariott which only cost about 10.00 more per night. I usually stay at there properties but I did not want to pay the 100. pet fee. Which is a total cost per stay that is usually a great deal but not on a one day trip or so I thought. After I was given the air fresher as this hotels solution to this disgusting odor I would of gladly paid the extra 80.00 pet deposit. Truly the worst place I have stayed at. I will never stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone. They had a chance to resolve our issue and did not. They should of moved us to another room not given us a can of air fresher! So tacky and it just shows you what you can expect if you have an issue here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Happywifeandmama
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Happywifeandmama,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one and that it did not exceed your expectations as we try to do with all of our guests. I have met with our Executive Housekeeper, as well as our Chief Engineer to discuss the issues that you had in your room. We will be retraining all of our staff on properly inspecting our guestrooms to prevent anyone from being checked into a room that has issues such as the ones that you experienced. I have also met with the front desk staff regarding the service that you received throughout your stay. One of our main goals is to make sure that all of our guests leave happy and I’m sorry that we weren’t able to turn your experience around before your departure. I did have a chance to speak with your husband and refunded you for that night, I hope that the resolution is satisfactory for you. I can assure you that this is not typical of our hotel. We strive to deliver the best product and service to ensure that all of our guests are happy and will stay with us again. Please contact me if you will be traveling to the DC Metro area in the future so I can make your next stay perfect.

Marisol Rodriguez
Chambersburg, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was excellent and made sure I was okay. It was only for one night, but I would stay again, even longer next time. Location if you picking up from Dulles, is right on. No problems in or out and it only took 7 minutes from the hotel. I like that is away from all the stores and traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Cabot
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel had two floors and no elevator. If I had known this ahead of time, I would not have stayed at the hotel. However, I did not ask the question when making the reservations. The staff was helpful with my luggage getting me to my room and getting in downstairs the next morning. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!