“An old dirty hotel, the kind you can't even walk around in without shoes.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn

BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
“An old dirty hotel, the kind you can't even walk around in without shoes.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I purchased two rooms and requested adjoining rooms at the reservation. The front desk did not have any and the girls was not very friendly. We actually were just going to cancel our reservation but they got us two rooms next door to each other. We travel with a small dog that has traveled his entire life, so we have stayed at many pet friendly hotels. I picked this hotel because it had a 20. a night fee per pet and we only needed two rooms for one night. Big mistake!!! The pet friendly room smelled bad when we arrived, but the carpets were wet so we left for dinner to let them dry. We returned to a room the smelled even worse, it REAKED of cat urine:-( A very strong musty disgusting smell. My husband went to the front and they gave us a can of Lysol neutra air freshner. I was nauseas from the smell all night and could not sleep, I had to keep spraying the air fresher all night so my 5& 6 year old daughters could sleep. Do yourself a favor and stay at the mariott which only cost about 10.00 more per night. I usually stay at there properties but I did not want to pay the 100. pet fee. Which is a total cost per stay that is usually a great deal but not on a one day trip or so I thought. After I was given the air fresher as this hotels solution to this disgusting odor I would of gladly paid the extra 80.00 pet deposit. Truly the worst place I have stayed at. I will never stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone. They had a chance to resolve our issue and did not. They should of moved us to another room not given us a can of air fresher! So tacky and it just shows you what you can expect if you have an issue here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Happywifeandmama
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Happywifeandmama,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one and that it did not exceed your expectations as we try to do with all of our guests. I have met with our Executive Housekeeper, as well as our Chief Engineer to discuss the issues that you had in your room. We will be retraining all of our staff on properly inspecting our guestrooms to prevent anyone from being checked into a room that has issues such as the ones that you experienced. I have also met with the front desk staff regarding the service that you received throughout your stay. One of our main goals is to make sure that all of our guests leave happy and I’m sorry that we weren’t able to turn your experience around before your departure. I did have a chance to speak with your husband and refunded you for that night, I hope that the resolution is satisfactory for you. I can assure you that this is not typical of our hotel. We strive to deliver the best product and service to ensure that all of our guests are happy and will stay with us again. Please contact me if you will be traveling to the DC Metro area in the future so I can make your next stay perfect.

Marisol Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
Chambersburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was excellent and made sure I was okay. It was only for one night, but I would stay again, even longer next time. Location if you picking up from Dulles, is right on. No problems in or out and it only took 7 minutes from the hotel. I like that is away from all the stores and traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Cabot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel had two floors and no elevator. If I had known this ahead of time, I would not have stayed at the hotel. However, I did not ask the question when making the reservations. The staff was helpful with my luggage getting me to my room and getting in downstairs the next morning. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband & I have stayed at this particular hotel in Sterling many times & have always been impressed with both the hotel itself & the friendly staff. The rooms are always very clean. If there are any problems, the staff responds promptly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was returning from Nashville to Nova Scotia when United Airlines included a no-expenses paid 11 hour layover at Dulles. I made an online reservation through Best Western, securing a one bed room for approximately $68.00 (USD) including taxes, shuttle and breakfast. The shuttle was at the airport when I arrived, check-in was quick and easy, and a good recommendation for some delivery food made the evening easy and restful. The room itself was clean and efficiently layed out (fridge/microwave under the sink, small bathroom), but for a short overnight, met all my needs (especially the air-conditioning -- it was warm out!). The in-room amenities (shampoo, conditioner, soap, abundance of towels) meant that I didn't need to unpack all my gear, which made an early morning easier. It's not a property for a long term vacation, but easy outside access, efficient shuttles, decent breakfast and courteous staff, combined with an outstanding price, made this a good choice for me.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if your suitcase is heavy, request a ground floor room.