Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
$78
$68
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling(Sterling)(Great Value!)
$64
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$63
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$66
$104
$111
$102
Hotwire.com
All reviewsno elevatordulles airportroom was cleanmotel styleshuttle servicestay there againlong term parkingan early morning flightsized bedfree shuttlepark and flythe general managernice breakfastone night stayconvenient locationbagelseasy access
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night with park and fly package. The price of the room went from $78 to $130, which seemed very expensive, but wanted a hotel with a shuttle to the airport. The hotel is a motel, with no indoor corridors. The rooms was small and just OK. Our biggest issue was when we returned from our trip. We called the front desk when we arrived and we were told the shuttle ran every half hour. There were 10 people or so waiting for the same shuttle, which never came. We, along with other folks, called the front desk to inquire about the shuttle. The same attentant then informed us that their shuttle had stopped running and we should have taken the Holiday Inn shuttle instead. That info would have been nice before waiting in the cold for 45 min with our 2 small children. So we continued to wait....and wait. Finally we gave up and asked a driver from another hotel if he could take us to the BW. He was great and took all of the people waiting --- he was so nice! When we got back to the BW I spoke to the extremely rude front desk man who told me it wasn't his fault, yelled at me for expecting him to coordinate the shuttle. After he finished telling me why it wasn't his problem he simply walked away, no apology. Nothing. I was shocked by his behavior but realized there was no point in saying anything else.
Bottom line is the room was mediocre at best and the service was horrific. Spend $10 more and stay at one of many other airport hotels with shuttle service. We spent that anyway tipping the guy who took us back to the motel to get our car.

• Stayed: March 2013
BestWestern D, Manager at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you Nvanca, for your frank comments regarding your recent Park and Fly stay with us. I apologize on behalf of the hotel and the team member to which you referred for our inability to provide proper service, something you should be able to expect from us. Our hotel has been providing shuttle service to and from Dulles International Airport for many years. However, your feedback shows me that we have some work to do before we perfect this service. Travel is already difficult enough these days. My apologies again to you and your family for the circumstances of your return trip.

I do hope that should your travels bring you through the Dulles area that you will give us another opportunity. We are not only a great value but also we listen to our customers. We'll make it right.

Thank you for choosing the Best western Dulles Airport

Marisol Rodriguez

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The good - airport shuttle clean and prompt, breakfast better than average, shower had hot water and good pressure, and the bed was comfortable. The annoying - the base price goes up considerably for sleep/fly. The price was supposed to be $80something, but ended up being $130. We decided to go for it anyway. However, when we got there, we were charged another $20 because we needed eight days and the price they gave us was for up to seven days of parking. We were not told about the extra $20 when we made the reservation and gave them the number of days we would need parking. It felt like 'bait and switch' to us. The disappointing - the desk had an attitude with my son-in-law (although the one who checked us in was pleasant) and acted like she was doing him a big favor by answering his questions. The rooms are tired, the a/c heating unit is noisy, and the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. Next time we will choose one of the many other airport hotels.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BestWestern D, Manager at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you, Crcb, for your candid comments regarding a recent stay at the Best Western Washington Dulles. I was thrilled to read your kind remarks regarding such services as the shuttle and breakfast, comfort of bed and water pressure. Our Park and Fly package is a great value as the airport charges a minimum of $11 per day. However, I apologize for any difficulty you experienced in booking the rate online and the impression you received for the extra day's rate. Due to your comments, we are reviewing the website to ensure ease of use and accuracy of information. I apologize for the attitude and inappropriate behavior of our guest service agent.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Washington Dulles. We continue to be the best value in the immediate area and look forward to a future chance to show you our typically high levels of service.

Yours in Hospitality,

Marisol Rodriguez
Best Western Dulles

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This BW hotel is better than most; however, do not confuse this with the higher class “Best Western Plus” grade of hotels. Make no mistake, this really is a roadside motel and you will find rooms are accessed from exterior doors and a map may be required to find your room. The Wi-Fi worked, there is a nice flat screen TV with a good range of channels, in-room coffee maker, and there were sufficient towels available.

This Best Western’s overall room product is better than most and the housekeeping was good. My only complaint was the cover to the heating unit in my room had fallen off. There is no restaurant at this Best Western; but, an adjacent Holiday Inn has a small pub which delivers to this hotel’s rooms.

The free breakfast is fairly typical of most limited service type properties - do it yourself waffle, fruit, yogurt, cereals, donuts, breads, juices, and a selection of coffees and teas. The hotel begins breakfast at 6:00 AM and permits the shuttle passengers to grab a quick breakfast a few minutes before departing on the hour.

If you are a Dulles passenger, it will take you nearly as long to get to the shuttle boarding area as it takes to go the four miles to the hotel. Beware - the shuttle operates each half hour and you are well advised to call the hotel to find out when to expect your pickup time. During foul weather there is very little protection from the elements and you might want to wait in the terminal until the last possible moment.

The hotel's shuttle to Dulles departs on the hour and half hour; however, seats are limited and you need to reserve your seat to ensure your get back to the airport in time for your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the adjacent highway to ensure you get a quieter room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TraveljohnsonJ
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Everything was great. The only thing we did not realized when booking is that the room doors are on the outside of the facility. Room was great. Breakfast was great. Great for 1 or 2 nights. Convenient to DC.

The only con was the night staff when we checked in, about 6pm. Not wearing clothes/uniform to indicate they were associated with the hotel and somewhat unprofessional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was not greeted by a courteous front desk person, checked in, room a/c unit was extremely noisey, complained and asked to be moved, she sent maintenance man to my room (hotel was about 75% empty so why notice me) he agreed a/c was a very old unit. Maintenance man obtained a key to another room for us, door would not close unless you slammed it and it was a battle to open it (life safety issue), wireless Internet would not let me open a simple web page after waiting give minutes! Checked in, changed rooms, loaded luggage back in car and checked out in an hours time. Went back the next day to retrieve personal items left behind, they still had me checked in the room! Front desk person made sure she took a bite of her cookie then asked me can I help you with a mouth full of cookie! Gross, unprofessional and lacking intelligent life. Oh the maintenance man was courteous and apologetic, that's cool he realized the inability of others.

• Stayed: January 2013
BestWestern D, General Manager at Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hello Jaberwocky69

First of all I would like thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I appreciate hearing from you so that I can look into these issues.

Shelby Clark, General Manager