WINNER WONDERLAND

Cookology Recreational Culinary School
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Sterling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hands-On, Recreational Culinary Classes for children and adults.
Bristow, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ok for less experienced cooks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've done the gnocchi class and the steakhouse date night with my boyfriend. It was a nice way to spend time together, but I don't feel like I learned anything new.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank 4OTF

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Customer service was a major turn off. Not interested in going”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I cannot comment on Cookology's cooking classes but I am initially put off and not interested in going because of their customer service. I received a gift card some time ago and have not had a chance to use it. I called to inquire about using it now as there is no expiration date listed anywhere. The lady that answered the phone was very short and would not even dialogue with me on the issue of there being no expiration date listed. I think that if you have a gift card to a local business and they fail to put an expiration date on it then they should honor the customers card. That would be good customer service. However, after she told me that it was no longer good she ignored my comment about the expiration date and hung up on me while I was in mid sentence. I'm sorry, but that does not make me want to hurry in if they are going to treat a potential new customer that way. Even if there was NO way that they could honor my card (which I highly doubt) I would have appreciated being treated like they valued me as a new customer interested in trying out their classes. I did not get that feeling AT ALL and really cannot believe that she hung up on me. Just had to say my two cents on that....when a business fails to have good customer service thats a major turn off

Visited August 2012
5 Thank jn14618
Chantilly, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Bad Bad Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you actually want your recipes after the class (which is part of what you pay for), don't waste your money. I took a class back in April and after 4 attempts, I still haven't received any resolution. I had high expectations given the ratings, but they've really dropped the ball and simply don't seem to care about earning repeat business. Buyer beware!

Visited April 2012
7 Thank SJ D
Herndon, Virginia
“Great fun at Cookology”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have taken several classes there with different instructors. All are very good. Took a Took a 4-session Italian series class, a individual class on making gnochi and a pie making class. For the pie making class I took my SIL and by 13 year old son. We all had a great time and now make a really good pie crust

Visited November 2011
fairfax
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“terrible customer service"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Did not make it there.. POOR QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE. I tried registering online three days ago, their online registration system was really slow and would take forever to take my information and credit card. Once I was able to add my credit card it bounced me back to the beginning, I was under the impression that the transaction did not go through, I never received an email or a phone call confirming my registration so I figured that the transaction never happened until I saw my credit card bill. I called the store today, talked to Charles (who by the way was really polite) but when I tried to explain the situation to the Manager on duty, she was extremely rude, did not want to hear what happened I tried to ask for someone else and she told me that she was the only one, that she was the manager and that was it, so I asked for her name and she hang up the phone on me. I called back and asked her to give me her name that I was going to call the owner of the company she told me" I will not give you my name, good bye" and she hang up the phone on me AGAIN. What kind of customer service is that?

Visited March 2012