“Bad Bad Bad!”

Cookology Recreational Culinary School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hands-On, Recreational Culinary Classes for children and adults.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you actually want your recipes after the class (which is part of what you pay for), don't waste your money. I took a class back in April and after 4 attempts, I still haven't received any resolution. I had high expectations given the ratings, but they've really dropped the ball and simply don't seem to care about earning repeat business. Buyer beware!

8  Thank SJ D
in 6 reviews
"confidence"
"teams"

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have taken several classes there with different instructors. All are very good. Took a Took a 4-session Italian series class, a individual class on making gnochi and a pie making class. For the pie making class I took my SIL and by 13 year old son. We all had a great time and now make a really good pie crust

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Did not make it there.. POOR QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE. I tried registering online three days ago, their online registration system was really slow and would take forever to take my information and credit card. Once I was able to add my credit card it bounced me back to the beginning, I was under the impression that the transaction did not go through, I never received an email or a phone call confirming my registration so I figured that the transaction never happened until I saw my credit card bill. I called the store today, talked to Charles (who by the way was really polite) but when I tried to explain the situation to the Manager on duty, she was extremely rude, did not want to hear what happened I tried to ask for someone else and she told me that she was the only one, that she was the manager and that was it, so I asked for her name and she hang up the phone on me. I called back and asked her to give me her name that I was going to call the owner of the company she told me" I will not give you my name, good bye" and she hang up the phone on me AGAIN. What kind of customer service is that?

4  Thank marita m
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I've taken a variety of classes and always learn something new. You could easily take a class by yourself, with your mother for a girls night out, or with your boyfriend for a date night. I'm an avid cook and baker and find the recipes easy to make as well as learning new kitchen techniques. Expensive classes..but I feel it is worth it.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Cookology offers a range of short cooking classes for adults and/or children. Located in the Dulles Town Centre, my wife and I have attended two of their Date Night classes, the first a French Bistro Dinner, and the most recent, Simple Summer Italian. We had a GREAT time!

Imagine 8-9 couples, all wearing their aprons and white chef hats, standing around a huge table, each with their own stainless steel bowls, gleaming knifes, chopping boards, etc. Brad Spates, an accomplished chef with years of experience in France, takes the group through preparing and cooking three dishes, all around a common theme. Coming from a restaurant family, I was really impressed by the layout of the stoves, grills and resources. This is the fun and educational part.

As the food nears completion, we all move to a large dining table in the front of the store, have a glass of wine, then visit together as we get to eat the food we prepared. In both cases, it was excellent. Copies of the recipes are made available via the web, and warrant being repeated at home.

Cookology includes a small store section that includes olive oils, wines, and more at very reasonable prices. We have already found three more date nights we want to try when we can. Highly recommended for something different and one sure to be a very fun evening, especially with friends!