All reviews grab and go house keeping close to the airport nice room negativity furniture lodging checkin flight
Reviewed June 8, 2017

I book this hotel through Interval international for my son to stay for the night, because he had a job interview the next day. The room was smelled, the sheets weren't clean and hair in the bed. My son told the person that work at the front desk, he said okay, but did nothing about it. I am writing this review to let interval customs know, not to book with this hotel, because interval has very high standards when it comes to quality!

Room tip: accessible to find, rooms looked okay
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue you encountered which resulted in a disappointing stay. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. Unfortunately, we missed something during this process. We are working with our Housekeeping team to reiterate the importance of our daily checklists to make sure this isn't repeated. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience on your next stay.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

The room are not very clean. Asked the housekeeper to not clean the room but she clean it the next day. The room has a bad smell. The cooking area is very small and you have to ask the front desk to for pots and pans.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Thank you for your candid review. We’re sorry you were not happy with our hotel policy and regret the inconvenience it caused. Please know our housekeeping is done on weekly basis to respect the privacy of our guest, we’re happy to provide this service upon request at a minimal fee. Kitchenware for your suite is also available and kept at the front desk to ensure cleanliness. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I do not like writing negative reviews so I won't. Unfortunately this hotel was not intended for a family trip. Due to a large event in the area I was driven to reserve a room at this ESA. First off, the staff was great at the front desk.

I learned that this hotel is intended for single people who are working long-term in the area and need to keep expenses down, prep their own food and probably won't spend a great deal of time at the facility. Kind of a duh on my part - that's exactly what the name implies.

Sadly the non-smoking room I was placed in defiantly had smokers. Again, not a family hotel and not sold as one but this really was disturbing to the kids. Most people I think bring in their own bowls, cups, plates, etc and us not prepared for that had to get cups from reception. The staff at the front desk was great but after parking next to abandoned cars in the parking lot we decided to stay at another property in the area for the balance of our trip.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We apologize our hotel and amenities were not to your expectations. Our hotel is designed for guests staying a week or more at a time, who prefer a home-like living experience. So we certainly understand why you may have found our amenities a bit different than traditional hotels. Regardless of the length of stay, our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable and well-maintained hotel with a friendly staff at a good value. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Dirty room smelled like smoking. Garbage cans visible and overflowing. No shampoo provided. Breakfast is coffee, mini muffin or oatmeal. Spend a little more and get better. Outdoor access which I don't care for.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to know you were not happy with our amenities and apologize for the issues you identified. Since our suites are designed for guests staying multiple nights desiring home-like living, these guests often bring their own bath amenities with them. However, these items are available and complimentary at the front desk at any time. Your feedback is valuable to us, as it will help us improve our service and facilities. We value your business and hope you will consider us again.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

After having a bad experience at an extended stay across town I came to this one. It was my birthday weekend and I wanted to enjoy and relax. The front desk staff was very nice but I checked in at midnight and didn't get into the room until about 4 am. When waking up at 10 am I had broke out all over my body. All I did was lie in the bed.....long story short I checked out immediately and was still charged a full day! My recommendation is to never stay at an Extended Stat ever. Matter of a fact I wouldn't even visit someone in one. Poor cleaning, stains everywhere, wash cloths were brown! Just nasty!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2017

We are sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with the mattress in your room which impacted your sleep. We are very passionate about providing our guests with the cleanest facilities and we will look into where we failed in providing this to you. We will make the necessary changes so that this type of issue does not happen again to any of our guests. We invite you to come back and validate the changes in the near future!