“Great Place To Stay For The Money”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I thought the place was great for my needs on this trip. I really liked the fact of a kitchenette in the room, the people in the office are really nice & accommodating, for my needs the location was quite good.

As I've said in my other reviews of this place, the only thing I would suggest is that they have the housekeeping staff focus on detail cleaning. The main, most important things & areas appeared to be fine but "the little things that make a big difference" need attention.
I got the impression that the maid staff really takes no pride in the work they're turning out.....kinda just going through the motions, doing what they have to.
Over all it's a nice place for the money & it really wouldn't take much TLC & I think it would really give it that "wow" factor for people.

I've really read some ridiculous reviews on this motel like,
"there was a lot of noise from planes".
OK did you catch THE NAME of this place ?! Homestead Studio Suites Washington, DC- Dulles Airport- Sterling.....NOTICE THE WORD AIRPORT !
I found with the window closed you aren't bothered by them.
And I guess some were expecting a hotel, it's more of a motel if it really matters.
"There were a lot of work trucks parked there"
OK you snobs, yes you will find the working class folk staying here. You see THAT'S WHERE PEOPLE ON BIG OUT OF TOWN PROJECTS STAY, EXTENDED STAY HOTELS & MOTELS ! If you can't stand to be around REAL people that do REAL work to make a living, better keep looking I guess.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed here from July 08-Feb.09 and cant say enough about the first rate service and
congeniality of the staff. From Tina (manager) to Luis and Dan; I felt I was living at home and
the rates were very reasonable along with convenient access to Dulles Airport and Northern
Virginia. I also appreciated the professional and friendly manner in which all my needs were
tended to and the extra mile they would go to see to it that I was comfortable.
If ever I need long-term or short-term lodging in the future, I wouldnt even think about looking anywhere else.
Timothy Butler

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed January 31, 2009

This is a great value for business or pleasure travelers, and they go out of the way to make you comfortable and take care of any special requests. If you are a repeat customer they remember you and where you like to stay. The rooms are clean and all have kitchens to make you feel at home. Rates are negotiable and considerably lower if you stay a week. The location is next to Dulles airport so it is very convenient if leaving early from Dulles or arriving late, or spending time in that area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed for one night, to catch an early morning flight out of Dulles. Room was dirty, ants were crawling on my bed, and all the appliances were unplugged, and to top it off, my cell phone was stolen!

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

I'm a single female and stayed here for one night b/c of proximity to airport. I was a bit hesitant b/c of the motel set up but it ended up working fine. The place is very clean, staff is nice and helpful. I felt safe here - which is more then I can say for many motels.
One word of advice - don't leave open cans/bottle of jucie b/c you will get ants... no other bugs though, just a simple pleasant room.

1  Thank Tusia79
Reviewed November 8, 2007

We had just moved to the area and stayed at this hotel
while we were looking for a place to rent. There were
cockroaches crawling on the ceiling, on the floor, in
the kitchen - it was totally infested. We were so
disgusted that we called the front desk to complain
and they tried to tell us that they are not infested
with cockroaches - we asked them to come have a look
and they weren't even willing to come to the room to
see the cockroaches. There were no openings at any
other hotels in the area so we requested that they
move us to a different room immediately. The next room
had cockroaches too, not as many but they were still
there. It was hands down the WORST hotel stay we've
ever had. We wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank makena234
Reviewed August 9, 2007

This place hasn't been reviewed in two years. Now is the time. I stayed here for two weeks while looking for an apartment in the area. I could have left at any time but my employer was picking up the tab and a free hotel stay is nothing to sneeze at.

The property looks nice from the outside. The rooms look nice at first, upon closer inspection there are problems: my first night I discovered that the room was dirty, the refridgerator was broken and then there were the insects. Ants and some other bug I could not identify. The staff offered to move me to two other rooms. However, the first was smoke infested and the closet door was broken. The second had insects crawling on the kitchen and bathroom floors. I opted to stay in the room I was given and clean it myself- top to bottom. It wasn't until I removed the mattress and box spring from the bed, that I realized where the "critters" were coming from. The next day the refridgerator was fixed. Despite the top to bottom cleaning of the room and the ant traps that were placed in it, the insects kept coming back.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for (or in my case don't). If you are looking to save money forget it. Pay to the extra $$$ to have a nice clean room and no creepy crawlies under your mattress and box spring.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank venture2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
4 mi away
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles? Share your experiences!