WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Coaldale, Colorado
“Value for location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Plain, worn, no-frills, but as promised, functional, kitchen, and very reasonable price for expensive area. Half the price of alternatives. No complaints, got the job done. Small rooms, but clean n everything worked.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mark R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It always gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a nice motel/ hotel which satisfied my need. With a little kitchenette in the room, I was overall satisfied with the room and its condition. Don't expect it to be fancy. You will be disappointed.You get a little more than what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Systemfailure
Sterling VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was in the hotel for 2 nights. The staffs were really helpful and professional. Price was one of the lows around the area with a better service. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning your trip to Dulles/Sterling area and you wanna have a nice hotel experience with affordable cost. Not to forget always smiling and helpful Sunny at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank daab0702
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff, particularly about Sunny.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's a very nice hotel and the staff was very nice to me and Iam very thankful to them because they allows me to put my luggage in there front desk area. Overall I can say excellent. And I appreciate there service

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Nayeem_khan547
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing excellent service. It pleases me to know that they were able to acommodate you by putting your luggage behind the front desk until check-in.

Mannassas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff was professional and pleasant, the location was good and parking was convenient. Price was fair and they offered free Wi-Fi. The rooms were quiet and the TV had Showtime and HBO.. Those are the positive points...unfortunately there were some basic problems with the room...no trash cans of any kind..not in the bathroom/kitchen or bedroom...no glasses or cups...I had to use the coffee carafe to get a drink of water...no plates... no utensils. The one chair in the bedroom was so well worn that you sunk almost to the floor when you sat in it..getting up would be almost impossible for anyone with limited dexterity. The room was fairly clean but showing signs of age. As I said it was ok for one night...just had to make the best of it...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CathyP290
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we did not communicate our in-room amenities to you better. While they are limited, the Front Desk does have a limited supply of other items, which we happily hand out upon request. I will speak with my staff about voicing this more clearly, each time a guest checks into the hotel. Overall, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, our hotel's location and the television channels as well as our free WiFi.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Kchaudhary@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Washington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We made plans to stay for just 1 night. We could not find a sign with the hotel name on it. The room was not clean. We killed a large bug that was climbing on the wall when we arrived.
The furniture was shabby and the bed not comfortable. The kitchenette was not stocked with anything but silverware. There was not even a water glass. There was a coffee pot but no cups. At 11:pm I called for a wake up but there was no one at the desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nanamaxine
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We made this reservations a couple of weeks in advance on line. We wanted to stay at an 'Extended Stay' since we would be in the Wash. DC area for a couple of nights in order to see the sights of the city.
The room was deplorable. mismatched furniture, bed that sagged, dirty floor and carpet, sticky counters and stove top, hair in the bath tub, scummy refrigerator...YIKES! It was not nice. The first room we were checked into smelled so bad of cigarette smoke that we couldn't even breathe! Luckily, this room smelled ok.
The laundry room was so dirty, cigarette butts on the floor, the washers were smelly, but the dryers worked well.
The grounds were very unkempt, trash in the bushes and trash on the sidewalks. I don't think the door mat at our door had ever been swept.
Needless to say we won't be going back.

Room Tip: Don't even think about reserving a room here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
Please know that we are sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I have reviewed and informed my staff about the standards that we so highly strive to meet.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kchaudhary@extendedstay.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles? Share your experiences!